Monday, August 04, 2008

Monday ramblings - and a card :)


I woke Iain up (just after 2am Cleveland time) to tell him about our visitor...and he was bummed that he didn't see it! LOL! The kids were intrigued and of course had lots of questions about it. Needless to say, the garage door was closed at 3pm yesterday!


Iain and Nattie got back last night after a fantastic time at Cedar Point. They rode everything they had planned, and said that the long lines were worth the wait for the super-high, super-fast rides :) Jamie and I had fun too. On Saturday he got two holes-in-one at the glow-in-the-dark golf, so he was very proud of himself for that :) And last night after we walked Tasha we watched "Over the Hedge", another of his favorite movies.


This week the kids have art camp in the mornings Monday through Thursday. My lessened amount of exercising these past few weeks has caught up with me (see mine and Benita's blog here), so I'll be hitting the gym this afternoon with my trainer and every other morning this week after I drop the kids off. I think that getting back into a routine will be a big help.
Today's card is made with an image by Memory Box. My great blogging friend Karrie also used this stamp last week - you can see her creation here :) Oh, and the sparkly paper I used is by Doodlebug. Isn't it pretty?


7 comments:

Janet August 4, 2008 at 3:51 PM  

Glad everyone had a fun few days! I'd be keeping the garage door closed, too. :-) But keep the camera on the ready, just in case! (from a safe distance, of course!)

Love the card. That DB paper is so fun!

Sues August 4, 2008 at 5:57 PM  

Glad to hear they had so much fun!! It's good to get back into the routine; sometimes we just need a reminder about that!! Cute card!

Unknown August 5, 2008 at 7:48 AM  

What coasters did they ride? If I'd known they were coming to Cedar Point I could have gotten you discount tickets & mailed them out!!
Cedar Point is a blast - next time take Jamie & you & him can play @ the water park!
Cute card too.......you do such awesome work!

Sarah Coggins August 5, 2008 at 11:58 AM  

Beautiful card! Hope the kids are enjoying art camp. :) Best of luck getting back into a fitness routine. It's so easy to get caught up in other things and fall out of that. Especially in the summer.

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings August 5, 2008 at 6:30 PM  

This is so cute! Yes, that Doodlebut paper is awesome!!!

Debbie August 5, 2008 at 9:29 PM  

Love the card. And the bear incident? Another good reason that I like living in the city, the bears stay in the zoo!

Linda Nicholson August 6, 2008 at 11:49 AM  

Super cute Toni! I love the little penguin/bee image! I believe that Simple Pleasures (which is one of our stamp stores down here in the Springs) has the new memory box stamps. I so hope that you and Sue and I get to meet up! What fun we will all have!

Linda