Sunday, June 01, 2008

In less than 3 weeks...

I'll be in Carmel, California! And what's even more exciting is that I'm going to meet a terrific group of ladies there!

I've been participating in circle journal groups for several years, and some of these ladies and I have known each other since our very first circle (and very first encounters with flakers who held on to albums, lost them, etc., etc.). As the years have passed, we have had more awesome ladies join our group, and we now appropriately call ourselves "The Seasoned CJ Survivors". We have supported each other through good times and bad, and I am proud to call each and every one of these ladies my friend :) Some of them do have blogs: Patti, Rocio, Sue, Lisa and Debbie.

We have been saying for a while now that we need to all get together and finally meet in person - and this month it's happening! Lisa's friend has very graciously offered us the use of her house (on the beach!) for the week, and we're all getting together for a fun-filled time! There will be 10 of us! In addition to some day trips we have planned, we're going to spend one of the days teaching classes at the house...each of us will teach something to the other ladies - how fun is that?! So I have my lists started - what I need for the classes, what I need to pack....

I have a feeling I'll need a vacation after this vacation - and I can't wait!! :)

12 comments:

Benita June 1, 2008 at 12:08 PM  

Okay, I am totally jealous! I wish I could go with you! California is so pretty, although I don't think I could live there.

Sues June 1, 2008 at 12:09 PM  

This is going to be fun!!! I can't wait!!! My class will be the best... "How to eat CHOCOLATE"!!! We should all ace that in no time!!! LOL!!!

Jen Sue Wild June 1, 2008 at 12:15 PM  

Sounds wounderful!!you will have so much fun! Love Calie. Plus you get be with wonderfull Gals.

Karrie Baker June 1, 2008 at 1:09 PM  

How fun!!! Oh my goodness, I an beyond jealous!! And how come I didn't know that you participated in a circle journal group? Where did I miss that? I did one a couple of years ago...loved it!! At least I loved all the pages I did. What I got back though? Different story... sigh...

Anywho, I am sure you will have a BLAST!!! :) YEAH FOR TONI!!!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings June 1, 2008 at 3:46 PM  

Wow! I think I'm jealous too! That's fabulous!

Melissa Craig June 1, 2008 at 6:06 PM  

I'm catching up on blog reading! Enjoy your trip!!

Janet June 1, 2008 at 8:29 PM  

That sounds like a great time! That is really something to look forward to! Isn't it neat how many great ppl you can meet through sb'ing? :-)

Thanks again for stopping by my blog, Toni. I surely appreciate all of your warm thoughts. {hugs} Janet

Maureen June 1, 2008 at 8:34 PM  

Wow, that is great!!! What a wonderful idea...

Sarah Coggins June 2, 2008 at 3:19 PM  

That sounds like so much fun! Great idea. :) Can't wait to here about it and see photos of the fun.

Mrs. Nancy G June 2, 2008 at 6:25 PM  

That's so cool!!! I wanna come too!!! My Mom lives a short drive away from Carmel. You all are going to have a great time. I just know it!
:-)

Unknown June 3, 2008 at 7:41 AM  

Sue - we're going to be graded on our classes????? AAAAAgggghhh! Oh well, I know atleast in your class I will be getting an "A" with NO problems!!!!
I CAN'T WAIT - 2 weeks from tomorrow I will be flying to California for a week!!!!!!!!
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda Nicholson June 4, 2008 at 8:57 AM  

This sounds like so much fun Toni! You definately deserve a fun getaway! You'll have to share pictures of projects as well as highlights from your trip so we can all live vicariously through you.

Linda