Friday, June 27, 2008

Days 4 and 5





On day 4 (Sunday) some of the ladies left the beach house, and the rest of us went to the Red House Cafe in Pacific Grove. We all had a delicious lunch and Debbie let me try her crab cake which I had never tasted before - it was really tasty! After lunch we went to Monterey for a walk around the shops there; I picked up some nice trinkets to bring home :) Afterwards we headed back to the beach house and had dinner there, followed by a nice soak in the hot tub.



Monday morning rolled around and we cleaned up the house before heading back inland for our last day. We picked up lunch at Gayle's Deli in Santa Cruz, and MJ generously offered to have Patti, Sue and me stay the night at her house in Los Gatos, and she also wanted to show us how to make lavender wands with lavender from her garden. It was lots of fun learning a new craft! The photo on the left is some of the lavender MJ's husband picked from their garden, and on the right is Patti working hard on her lavender wand :)

I'll be back tomorrow with photos of some of our completed projects!

7 comments:

Linda June 27, 2008 at 10:53 AM  

Sounds like a lot of fun. I love the smell of lavender.

Lindsay Spencer June 28, 2008 at 12:28 AM  

I love lavender too. I love the smell and the color is my favorite. Those pictures are great. You must have a nice camera. All your pictures turn out good. I gave you an award on my blog. Check it out.

Unknown June 28, 2008 at 8:47 AM  

How did Jamie like his Boogers?? I was telling Shaun about them last night & he was laughing at them because it was something he would have gotten a kick out of at that age. He agrees with me, British humor is the best because you see everything in a funny way! He & I both identify with it! Maybe he & I are actually British & not Dutch?????

Danisha June 30, 2008 at 6:50 AM  

I used to live in Monterey! Did you by chance go to the Aquarium???

emily June 30, 2008 at 8:38 PM  

Hmmm...I can smell the lavendar from here!

Janet July 1, 2008 at 7:56 AM  

What fun! Gosh, I LOVE crab cakes...they're just about my favorite food! No, they ARE my favorite food! :-) What is a lavender wand? I have 2 lavender plants in my garden and would love to give that a try. TFS!!!

Linda Nicholson July 3, 2008 at 3:18 PM  

Mmmmm....lavender! Wish I could smell it through the computer!

Linda