Thursday, April 03, 2008

Inspiration from the hardware store?


Yep! When I signed up for this ATC challenge on Splitcoast Stampers, I have to admit I was a little worried...my style is usually pretty simple, and very often includes flowers - not stuff from the hardware store! But...I had a trip to Home Depot yesterday and found some fun things to play with. Here's what I created:


The "appreciate what is" ATC was made with patterned paper from the brand new DCWV Nursery Stack. Isn't it pretty? I punched out the flowers and stacked them. The center of the flower is made from one of those felt pads that you put under your chair legs to stop them scraping the floor :) I stuck it on and then covered it with some yellow glitter by Doodlebug! The sentiment stamp on both ATCs is by Hero Arts.


For the second card, I colored some washers and nuts with Ranger's Alcohol Inks. I drew the flower stems with my Copics, added some ribbon, assembled the whole thing and here it is! Soooo...even though the challenge was to use hardware store items - I still gravitated towards flowers!! LOL!!

13 comments:

Sues April 3, 2008 at 1:29 PM  

These are great!!! I stuck to the rugged "hardware" side for my cards, but you used them to inspire you! Fantastic!!!

Darcey April 3, 2008 at 1:42 PM  

Thank you! Right back at ya:)

Jen Sue Wild April 3, 2008 at 4:33 PM  

I love these cards they Rock.

emily April 3, 2008 at 7:51 PM  

very cool!

Lynn April 4, 2008 at 5:47 AM  

Ohhhh Toni, I sometimes wonder how you come up with some of this stuff. You are truly a talented crafter. I don't think I would've thought to use washers and nuts. Great idea. You are amazing.

Which is why I left you something special on my blog this morning. You truly inspire me to at least want to try new things.

Heather April 4, 2008 at 6:54 AM  

Those are really cute. I especially like the one where you used the felt pad. I have some of those leftover...I might have to try that. Oh, and that patterned paper is really cute!

Janet April 4, 2008 at 8:50 AM  

Holy cow -- those hardware store cards are adorable! Funny, I just bought a bunch of those felt pads and wondered how I'd ever use them up! :-) Thanks, Toni, as always for the inspiration!

Crafty Connie April 4, 2008 at 11:46 AM  

Great cards made from non traditionals crafting supplies.

Linda April 4, 2008 at 1:15 PM  

These are great! And I love all the other cards you have posted this week. You are very creative. Have a great weekend!

Aimeslee Winans April 4, 2008 at 6:22 PM  

toni, you are so creative and smart! Love them!

Carla April 4, 2008 at 9:05 PM  

What a great swap idea, and whoever gets your cards will be jazzed, I tell ya!

Lida April 4, 2008 at 11:56 PM  

Oh those are so awesome and what a cool idea!! Thank you so much for the award!!

Linda Nicholson April 5, 2008 at 3:43 PM  

Toni you are so rockin all the ATCs! I love the hardware!

Linda