Monday, April 21, 2008

Hippo Monday :)

I hope you had a great weekend! We were busy furniture shopping and finally found some at Creative Leather. We ordered a long sofa and 2 chairs with ottamans in a really nice caramel color. Everything but one chair will be here at some point next week...now we need to decide where to put the old sofa and chairs...they'll probably end up in the basement.

Nattie had a sleepover at a friend's on Saturday night, so it was just Iain, Jamie and me at home. We played "Sorry" (Jamie's favorite game at the moment) and watched "Mr. Bean". Jamie got a set of his DVDs at Christmas and he just cracks up!! He really does have an awesome sense of humor, even at the young age of 6! LOL!

Yesterday we all went to Krispy Kreme after picking Nattie up...gotta have the sugar rush before embarking on a few hours of furniture browsing :)

Today's card is another one from the Stampin' Up! set I recently bought. How sweet is this little hippo? The patterned paper is some scraps of a 7 gypsies set I used for another project. Aren't the colors fun?

15 comments:

Lynn April 21, 2008 at 11:59 AM  

Glad to hear that you had a great weekend. Mine was pretty good, but tiring also.

I just love that card! It is very vibrant and cute. I saw that stamp in the stampin up catalog the other day.

BTW- I've been thinking of doing cards now for a while, but as usual... just haven't gotten my behind down stairs to do anything.

Carla April 21, 2008 at 12:15 PM  

LOVE this card! I love the brightness of the paper and the gray of the hippo! This set is SO cute! You colored the hipp beautifully!

Linda Nicholson April 21, 2008 at 12:43 PM  

Super cute Toni! Love the layout and the pretty patterned paper scraps. Your life sounds so busy, I always wonder where you find time to stamp (but I'm sure glad you do)!

Linda

Linda Carson April 21, 2008 at 1:18 PM  

Adorable & very creative! Love how you used those scraps of paper.

Sarah Coggins April 21, 2008 at 3:54 PM  

Cute card! Love the little hippo and warm colored patterned papers. :) Sounds like a fun weekend. Did you have to mention Krispy Kreme?? Now I am craving them. ;) Yum!

Juliana April 21, 2008 at 3:56 PM  

Yes--these colors are FUN!!!
I love the way you did the bottom half! and the hippo is colored wonderfully!

Great Card!

Heather April 21, 2008 at 4:26 PM  

Cute card!

suzann April 21, 2008 at 4:39 PM  

Very cute card and I love that hippo stamp. The paper treatment is really cool and looks great!

Lida April 21, 2008 at 6:00 PM  

Love the card! Sounds like you had a great weekend, now I want some Krispy Kreme and I love Mr. Bean too!

Kira April 21, 2008 at 7:44 PM  

The card is awesome! Love the striped paper at the bottom! Too much fun!

Heather Bares April 21, 2008 at 8:21 PM  

very cute card!!!!

Heather April 22, 2008 at 10:45 AM  

I love the card. The colors are great, and the hippo is adorable!

Sues April 22, 2008 at 6:35 PM  

Adorable! Can't wait to see the new furniture!

Janet April 24, 2008 at 7:48 AM  

Gotta love Mr. Bean! We have a boxed set of his TV shows. :-) Super cute card, too! I LOVE that paper. I used it for a class and would use it over and over if I could!

Aimeslee Winans April 24, 2008 at 9:55 AM  

Awesome use of your paper scraps. I may have to jack this!