Monday, March 03, 2008

MFT New Release Monday!


Yep, it's that time of the month again! My Favorite Things is having their new release party over at Splitcoast Stampers this Wednesday! You can find all the details right here :)
This accordian card is made with this month's mini set, called "Happy Trails". I stamped, colored, and cut out the image twice so that I could use it on the cover and the inside of the card. For the desert scene I used sandpaper layers and cut out stamped cacti from the set. The sun is made from embroidery floss that I simply circled round and round on the glue! This card is definitely more intricate than I'm used to, but I had fun working on it! Oh - and check out the little belly band that holds it all closed!
If you're interested in winning all the new March releases from My Favorite Things, there's a trivia contest here where you can enter to win! Good luck - and enjoy!

10 comments:

Sarah Coggins March 3, 2008 at 11:11 AM  

How cool! Love the accordion design. tfs! :)

Noelia March 3, 2008 at 1:16 PM  

Very cute!

Heather March 3, 2008 at 4:34 PM  

Adorable card!

Sues March 3, 2008 at 5:23 PM  

What a fun card! Boy that was a lot of work!!

Anonymous March 3, 2008 at 8:55 PM  

This is adorable! Love the sun using the thread, very clever. :)

Linda March 4, 2008 at 10:53 AM  

Cute card, so pretty!

Anonymous March 4, 2008 at 1:07 PM  

I soooo NEED this set, that's all I am going to say. LOLOL

Can't wait for the release! :)

Amber Porter March 4, 2008 at 2:11 PM  

Adorable card! What a cute, cute set! Love the colors you used!!

Janet March 4, 2008 at 3:19 PM  

So cute! Love cards with belly bands! I just made several wedding invitation samples for our LSS using belly bands. They are very popular right now!

Linda Nicholson March 5, 2008 at 9:58 AM  

YUMMO! Absolutely love it Toni! I love how you used sandpaper (would have never thought of this myself) and the embroidery floss for the sun! Absolutely fabulous and so stinking cute!

Linda