Tuesday, March 04, 2008

And now for something a little more simple...

Yesterday's card was rather intricate, to say the least! So today, here's one that's a lot simpler. This one is made with the other new release coming tomorrow from My Favorite Things. The set is called Punch A Bunch, and the clever thing about the set is that it has been designed to work with the Marvy punches! In addition, the phrases can be curved to suit the size of oval that you are punching, so they are easy to customize :) The flowers are also part of the set. For this card I stamped a few extra flowers, popped them with foam dots and added some bling :)

I had a CT scan done yesterday to see if there's any kind of blockage up in my sinuses that could be causing the oxygen problems...so with the information from that, the full sleep study and the nighttime oxygen measurements from my home study, we should have a pretty good idea of what's going on when all the results come in. That's what I'm hoping, anyway.

Nattie has a tough couple of weeks ahead at school with state testing - I always feel bad for the kiddos at this time of year. They seem so young to be tested so hard! She does pretty well with the schedule, though, usually until the last couple of days when most of the kids are wiped out. The teachers don't give out homework during these weeks, though, so she's able to relax when she gets home.

8 comments:

Linda March 4, 2008 at 10:52 AM  

Pretty card. I'm hoping you get some answers when your results come back. State testing is next month for my girls.

Anonymous March 4, 2008 at 12:29 PM  

Love the popped up flowers Toni, so cute! :)

I will be keeping my fingers crossed that results come back with positive news and a quick fix. :)

Janet March 4, 2008 at 3:21 PM  

What a pretty card! I love that curved text. I think I have some CTMH stamps that curve...except I've never tried to curve them!

Hope you get good results from your tests and that they're able to figure out some answers for you!

Colleen March 4, 2008 at 4:36 PM  

Love this card! The rounded sentiment looks great!

Hope the testing gives you some answers!

Gabrielle March 4, 2008 at 5:27 PM  

Cute card! Love the yellow! :)

Sues March 4, 2008 at 10:28 PM  

Cute! (((hugs))) to Nattie! Melanie is feeling her pain! She has 4 straight days of testing for a total of 20 hours!

Linda Nicholson March 5, 2008 at 9:55 AM  

So pretty Toni! Those popped up flowers really stand out against the simple background. Really makes them POP (for lack of a better word). Pretty springy colors too!

Linda

Linda Nicholson March 5, 2008 at 9:56 AM  

Oh...and I meant to also add that I hope you get some answers soon and that the remedy is simple. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts!

Linda