Sunday, February 17, 2008

Random Sunday Questions: Do You Remember...

Your first day at a new school? I remember my first day at primary (elementary) school in Dalgety Bay, Scotland. I was 5 years old (Summer 1977 - Queen Elizabeth's Silver Jubilee celebrations were going on around the country) and we had just moved up to Scotland from England so that my dad could start his new job.
Your first job interview? Did you get the job? My first proper interview was when I was 16, for a position as a checkout clerk at Wm. Low's (the new grocery store in our town!). I started the following week!
Your first house or apartment on your own? This is a tough one for me. I left home when I was 17 years old so that I could live closer to school in Edinburgh instead of having to commute on train and bus every day. My mum was not happy at all and refused to help me pack or move. I had to get my friend's mum to drive me and my stuff over to Edinburgh. I lived on my own for about 3 years before meeting and eventually moving in with Iain.
Your first taste of sushi? I've never tried sushi! Too scared - it's a texture thing :)
Your first paycheck? Did you buy anything special? Yep - my first pair of Levi's jeans! Saved up for several weeks for them and wore them until they fell apart! :)

Sabrina, Darcey, and Heather - consider yourselves tagged with these questions! Enjoy :)

5 comments:

Janet February 17, 2008 at 11:58 AM  

Great questions and responses. I've tried sushi but probably won't again! :-)

EquineSpirit February 17, 2008 at 12:08 PM  

Oooooo...this looks like fun! Thanks for the tag! ;)

Sarah Coggins February 17, 2008 at 5:01 PM  

What fun questions! You aren't missing anything w/ the sushi in my opinion. Tried it once and ICK! not again! ;) LOL

Darcey February 17, 2008 at 6:02 PM  

Totally with you on the sushi!

Aimeslee Winans February 18, 2008 at 9:54 AM  

Oh my goodness. The year you were born, I was 16...