Thursday, January 31, 2008

Cards RAK and...I can drive again!


Here are another couple of cards I made during my marathon cardmaking session on Wednesday :) I found these old Magenta outlines stickers and decided to play around with them and my DCWV Glitter Stack. I really like how they turned out - it was quite a surprise! I colored the images with my PrismaColor pencils and then blended with Gamsol and a blending stump. I have a lot of these, so I'm going to give away a set of 5 cards similar to these as a RAK!! All you have to do is leave me a comment telling me what your favorite animal is, and why. Easy, huh? I'll leave it open until the end of Friday and draw a winner on Saturday morning :)
Good news from the doctor today at my 2-week post-op checkup: I can drive! Yeah! Woo hoo! I never thought I'd be so excited about going to the grocery store - who knew?! (I'm sure it'll be a temporary feeling! LOL!) I have to go back and see the doctor again in 4 weeks but at least I have my freedom back!!


13 comments:

Sarah Coggins January 31, 2008 at 7:06 PM  

Hurray on being able to drive!! :) That's great news.

Love the cards. What great colors. And, cats are definitely my fav animals.

Left you a little surprise over on my blog. Take a peek. :)

Maureen January 31, 2008 at 8:03 PM  

Okay, finally one of my three cats has left my lap so I can actually TYPE again! (the other two are asleep curled up together like ying and yang right beside me). So I bet you can guess that my favorite animal is the cat. Especially since I was also born under the Egyptian God Bastet, a Cat as well... As for the why, I think cats are fun to watch, especially when you have three!

As usual, Toni, your cards are beautiful... I love them all.

Kim Ross January 31, 2008 at 8:46 PM  

Hi Toni!

How funny! I love that your top card and my card are from the SAME paper stack. Ready for another coincidence? I **LOVE** that cat sticker. It was designed by Maryse Carrier, who is my very very very favorite stamp designer. She used to design for Magenta. Oh, and I love cats and used to live in Colorado. :)

Okay, enough for now. Looking forward to working with you on CC&M :)

Debbie February 1, 2008 at 2:26 AM  

Don't get too carried away with that new found freedom. Take it slow. Nagging over, my favorite animal, cats of course. And BTW, the cards are great.

Heather February 1, 2008 at 5:56 AM  

Yay! I'm glad you can drive again. Just don't over do it! And the cards are adorable...kitties are my favorite. :)

Benita February 1, 2008 at 9:37 AM  

Those cards are gorgeous! You are so creative!

My favorite animal has always been the Koala. I've been collecting Koalas for as long as I can remember....they're just so cute & cuddly :)

Anonymous February 1, 2008 at 9:46 AM  

Congrats on the driving! I absolutely love cats, which is why these cards would be awesome. Thanks for the offer of the blog candy! It's mighty generous of you!

Darcey February 1, 2008 at 11:30 AM  

I love the cards! Kitties are my favorite animal. I have two Tiger and Cupcake. They are spoiled rotten. Congrats on getting the driving privilege back:) Oh, I grew up in Harbor Beach Michigan.

Cindy Andrews February 1, 2008 at 12:02 PM  

My favorite animal is the kitty cat. My Charly Anne is the best cat ever!

Heather F February 4, 2008 at 9:44 AM  

Just wondering where you got this image from. What is the stamp?

Thanks!

toners February 4, 2008 at 11:22 AM  

Heather, these are actually "Peel Offs" from Magenta. They're shiny outline stickers that you can then color in. I found a link for you: http://magentastyle.com/Embellishments/Pelloffs/pages/index.htm - enjoy!

Linda Nicholson February 4, 2008 at 6:49 PM  

So glad you can drive! It's amazing how dependent we become on things like driving or the internet for our sanity!

Linda

Linda Nicholson February 4, 2008 at 6:50 PM  

Oops...and I love your kitty cards! Those magenta stickers are awesome looking!

Linda