Monday, October 01, 2007

ScrapPink Crop :)

Sue and I had a great time at the ScrapPink Crop held by Scrapbook Destination. We arrived nice and early on Saturday, got settled at our tables and just scrapped/made cards for the rest of the day! Of course we stopped for regular snack breaks and also dinner at the hotel. Then we decided to follow our dinner with a couple of Mai Tai's :)

I got lots of pages done; not embellished or journaled yet but those pieces don't take as long. After I ran out of photos to scrap (!) I moved on to cardmaking and actually worked on the stamples for My Favorite Things' new release on Monday! We stayed over in the hotel and were giggling for white a while after the lights went out. We were like a couple of kids and have discovered more about each other this weekend. I am very lucky to have found Sue!

We also met some great ladies at the crop (hi, Karin! Hi Teresa!); they were all so friendly and a lot of fun to chat with while scrapping. That's one of the great things about this hobby; it makes it easier to bring women together :) Karen showed me an awesome folding technique called a "Waterfall" which I will play around with this week and post some samples - thank you again for the mini-tutorial, Karin!) I hope to scrap soon with my new friends!

Iain and the kids spent the weekend at home - trying to get Jamie to ride his bike without training wheels! I heard he did a fabulous job!

OK, this time I'm going to bed! Ha!

3 comments:

Melissa Craig October 1, 2007 at 7:44 PM  

Hey, I want you to know that I taught Karin everything she knows! LMBO!!! She's very talented isn't she.

Jill October 2, 2007 at 8:12 PM  

Ran
out
of
photos
to
scrap...
Just wanted to try typing that! :-0 :-0 :-0 So yeah, that's never happened to me.

Sherry October 15, 2007 at 7:44 PM  

I went to a ScrapPink event at my LSS, this was a day event. I got 20 pages done and played some awesome games and did some make & takes - tried my hand at making a card first time ever, stamping (also first time) and made a cool wall sign.