Thursday, October 18, 2007

Playing with a sketch :)


Alma from The Cat's Pajamas gave us DT members a sketch to play with a couple of weeks ago. Usually I just do my own thing, so it was fun to challenge myself to work with the design provided. Here are the 2 cards I came up with. The patterned paper on the first card is the "Fruitcake" collection from Basic Grey; on the second card the paper is from Arctic Frog. The ribbon on the first card and the poinsettia on the second card are both by Making Memories.
Have a great evening! We have one of Iain's colleagues coming over for dinner so I'm running out the door now to pick up dessert (nope, I'm not cooking!).

8 comments:

Gabrielle October 18, 2007 at 5:45 PM  

Gorgeous cards!

If I make Christmas cards this year I'm going to use the Basic Grey Fruitcake line...love it!

Gabrielle from 2Peas :)

Linda October 18, 2007 at 6:41 PM  

Beautiful cards, I love that cat stamp on the first one. Too cute!

Anonymous October 18, 2007 at 8:16 PM  

Oh my, look at those super cute cards of yours!! I love them. Now I am going to have to work on some more!! LOL

Rachael October 18, 2007 at 8:23 PM  

Great cards!! I really love the nontraditional colors of the second one!

Jan October 18, 2007 at 10:01 PM  

Those are lovely!!!! (That's terrific that your cat came home!!)

Lynn October 19, 2007 at 5:33 AM  

Beautiful cards, I love those stamps.

Melissa Craig October 19, 2007 at 12:10 PM  

I just used that same paper (Joy card) on a recipe card I did for a swap! I love that paper.

Elaine October 19, 2007 at 9:38 PM  

I love both of your cards shown - I didn't think I needed or wanted the BasicGrey or the cat stamp....now see what you've done?? LOL Very cute stuff!!