Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Amazing Return of Pickle! (UPDATE ADDED)


UPDATE (Wednesday evening): The vet was amazed at how well Pickle is doing after being gone for 4 weeks! His weight dropped by about 1/3 to 9.5lbs, but that's something we can fix pretty easily :) He got a few shots and was also dewormed (since we don't know what, if anything, he was finding to eat out there). The poor little guy is worn out...we're letting him have lots of rest, food, and hugs which should be the perfect prescription to get his strength back up again. And thank you everyone for your good wishes! They mean a lot to me :)
(note: this is an old picture of Pickle - the picture of health! We'll get there soon!)


After a 4-week adventure doing who-knows-what, our cat Pickle came home tonight!! Iain, Nattie and I were watching TV and he showed up meowing at the back door! Iain took Tasha off to her crate and I went outside and brought him in; he is ever so skinny, and extremely hungry, but other than that he seems OK! We are all in shock - especially given the wildlife around here and the below-freezing temperatures we've been having at night!

Aspen and Bailey (the kittens) have a checkup at the vet's tomorrow so I'll take Pickle along too and have him checked over. I'm off to give him another hug because I can't quite believe yet that he's home.....

22 comments:

Sues October 16, 2007 at 9:49 PM  

Congrats Pickle for finding your way home! What obstacles he must have overcome these past four weeks! Keep him safe!

Alma de la Rosa October 16, 2007 at 9:58 PM  

Yay Pickle! What a great early Xmas present. Give an extra hug from me.

Anonymous October 16, 2007 at 10:15 PM  

Oh Toni, I am sooooooooo HAPPY for you and Pickle!!! That is the best news this evening! I even dropped a few tears for you guys just cause I am so happy! Sigh... I just knew he would come back, I just knew it! YEAH!!!!

Melissa October 17, 2007 at 12:38 AM  

yay for pickle getting home safe! :)

Lynn October 17, 2007 at 5:10 AM  

Toni, I'm so happy to hear that Pickle finally found his way home. I couldn't imagine how he did it out in the wild for that long. I know that you've been having snow and very cold temps there. He is amazing. Sending him {{{HUGS}}}.

Heather October 17, 2007 at 5:47 AM  

YAY!!!!!! I'm so happy for you that your kitty came home! :) Give him lots of hugs and treats!

LisaDV October 17, 2007 at 9:48 AM  

Yeah!!I'm so glad Pickle came home!

KarenSue October 17, 2007 at 9:55 AM  

Yay!!!

I know that feeling, my Kitty disappeared for a while then came home, but he sure did not have the 'wilds' like your Pickle.

Stinker!! Wish he could tell you his stories..bet they'd be great!

Linda October 17, 2007 at 10:24 AM  

That is wonderful that Pickle came home after his long adventure. Hope he gets a clean bill of health.

Darcey October 17, 2007 at 11:11 AM  

WOW, that is great!

Unknown October 17, 2007 at 2:10 PM  

thats wonderful!!!!!! What a happy ending. Dana

Sharon in NE October 17, 2007 at 2:20 PM  

When I saw the pictures of the snow you had, I couldn't help but get a gnawing in my stomach wondering where Pickle was...I am SO glad he is home where he is safe and warm.

EquineSpirit October 17, 2007 at 2:39 PM  

OMGosh!! Glad Pickle came home! Wouldn't it be great to be able to read their minds and find out what they did during their adventures out catting around? Maybe we don't really want to know...LOL!

Viv October 17, 2007 at 3:45 PM  

Oh I am so happy to hear Pickle made it home! Give him a big hug for me!

Kim October 17, 2007 at 6:09 PM  

YIPPEE!!! I am SO happy he came home! I keep checking the blog to see if there's been a sighting! YEAH!!!!

Janet October 17, 2007 at 8:10 PM  

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! This is great news! Cats are amazing creatures. So glad he is home safe and sound. What a wonderful end to the story! :-)

Colleen October 18, 2007 at 9:28 AM  

Wow! I'm so glad that Pickle came back and is in fairly good health! I'm sure you'll be able to plump him up a little in no time!

Melissa Craig October 18, 2007 at 9:35 AM  

I am so glad to hear that the kitty doctor gave a fairly good report. It sounds like your family loves him sooo much, he'll be the picture of health again like in his old picture.

Ana Wohlfahrt October 18, 2007 at 12:10 PM  

I am so glad Pickle is home!! Yay for you are your family!

Linda Nicholson October 19, 2007 at 7:49 PM  

I am so glad that Pickle is home! My one cat went missing 12 days once, and found his way back to my mothers house (I had just purchased a home). Cats are simply amazing!

Linda

Anonymous October 20, 2007 at 12:02 AM  

So glad!

Jill October 20, 2007 at 3:11 PM  

Oh!!!!!!!!!!!! What GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) :-) :-) So happy for you & Pickle!!!!