Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A new friend!

I have been a member of a new Circle Journal group (30-somethings) for a few months now, and through this online group I met Sue, who lives down in Castle Rock - about an hour from Conifer. Today we met in person! I drove down to Sue's house, and we hung out there for a little while: she showed me her lovely home, her (very tidy and organized) scrap room, and her amazing photographs of the beautiful outdoors here in CO. I had brought a few magazines to show her my published cards, and showed her the ATG adhesive gun :)


Next we went out for lunch and then - of course - we headed over to a scrapbook store (Your Scrapbook Destination). We did some shopping there, and still had some time left, and Hobby Lobby was just a minute away, so we went there too before I had to head home in time for Nattie and Jamie getting home. It was so much fun to get together with a fellow scrapper whom I've been chatting with via e-mail for a while now! Our daughters are only a year apart, so they will get along well I'm sure :) Thank you, Sue, for a great day! I wish I hadn't needed to leave so soon though!

In the spirit of friendship, here's a friendship card for today :) Stamps by Hero Arts (flowers) and Hampton Art (clocks). Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Sues September 12, 2007 at 6:53 PM  

It is I who needs to thank you!! It was awesome that you came down here and shared your day with me! It was fun to finally meet and talk in person - you can say so much more than via email! And THANK YOU for all the goodies!!! Let's do it again REALLY SOON!

Lynn September 12, 2007 at 7:57 PM  

That is so nice. I'm sure you both had a great time. Sounds like you both picked up some goodies today.
I just love the card. Those flowers just look like they are jumping off the card. Great job

Janet September 12, 2007 at 8:02 PM  

What a fun time! And the card is adorable. I love the colors!

Heather September 13, 2007 at 6:24 AM  

Sounds like a fun day! It's nice to have a scrapping pal nearby. My friend Jeannie & I do all our scrappy stuff together... We're going to a big retreat this weekend. :D Oh...LOVE that card. I really like how you used a second image to give some of the flowers dimension. I'm going to have to try that. TFS! :)

Anonymous September 13, 2007 at 7:07 AM  

how cool and verrrry fun!!
I love days like that!!
your cards are always AWESOME!! :D

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings September 14, 2007 at 9:25 AM  

This is really, really pretty. I love the dimensions!