Monday, July 02, 2007

Hot weather and Crafters

Wow! It almost reached 90 here today in Conifer. Jamie and I went down to Westminster (Archivers!) and it was 99 there when we left around 2pm - yuk! Archivers was worth the trip, though - found some cute packs of 6x6 and 8x8 paper; I love that companies are coming out with these; they are much friendlier on the budget and are especially useful for making little sets of cards, which I plan on doing with some of my new goodies! We also went to Barnes & Noble, another of my favorite stores, and I picked up the new book by Lisa See, who wrote the bestseller Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. If you haven't read it, try and find a copy - it's an intriguing story about two young girls living in China, and their friendship through their lifetimes.

Of course, I'll be using some stamps from The Cat's Pajamas on those cards I'll be making, and talking of TCP, I found this link on Alma's blog - it's all about crafters :)

4 comments:

Heather July 2, 2007 at 4:50 PM  

CUTE card! Love those stamps! 99!? Yuck! My MIL in MT is always going on about how great the weather is there. I would have guessed CO to be the same! Guess not!

Rachael July 2, 2007 at 6:38 PM  

what a cute card!!!

Maureen July 2, 2007 at 9:21 PM  

Love the card! You are so lucky to have those shops; we don't have Archivers here in Canada...

renee July 3, 2007 at 8:09 AM  

I love Archivers. A new one just opened not far from me. Glad you had a good time.