Monday, May 14, 2007

Freeeeedommmm!

Yahoo! I finally got out and about driving today :) It was awesome to be behind the wheel of the car again so of course Jamie and I drove down to Target to stock up on essentials - OK, and non-essentials! I just love that place. It's just as well I don't live as close to it as I used to.....it's far too easy to drop some serious $ there!

Also went to Barnes & Noble down in Littleton and picked up the latest copy of "Stampers Sampler" (June) - Alma had told me there was one of my cards in there; I found it and another one of mine ("artist unknown" - they must have lost my name) so it was a happy day!

Iain's off to San Francisco tonight, but will be back on Wednesday afternoon. Jamie and I are going to the "Welcome to Kindergarten" session tomorrow afternoon. He is very excited!

Two Peas Blog Challenge: "what scrapbooking technique do you want to try?" I think I'd say using transparencies. I received a couple in some monthly kits and have seen some fun ideas over at Two Peas and in scrapping magazines. I really like the look they give to a project!

Card on the right is made with stamps from justjohanna; the vase is a punched shape. Thanks for stopping by :)

10 comments:

Maureen May 15, 2007 at 9:23 AM  

Love the card, so pretty! You are so lucky to have Target and B&N...we don't up here in Canada. Looks like we'll just HAVE to take a short trip to the States again this year!

She Who Waits... May 15, 2007 at 9:36 AM  

Great cards! If you want tips on using transparencies look up Karen Russell. She designs for Creative Imaginations and she rocks : )

Lynn May 15, 2007 at 10:28 AM  

Great cards! I wish my Target had more stuff. They have a very small aisle with stuff, but to be honest, nothing great. Not even the $ boxes!

Anonymous May 15, 2007 at 11:22 AM  

Love that card! Congrats on the pub!

Unknown May 15, 2007 at 11:59 AM  

I love transparencies. Love the cards!

Melissa May 15, 2007 at 12:01 PM  

I LOVE Target too..and you are so right its super easy to spend $ there.

and that card is super cute!

Heather May 15, 2007 at 1:19 PM  

Lovely card! And congrats on being published! It's funny how you are sometimes the last to know about it, isn't it!?
I picked transparencies and my next new things too!

Monica May 15, 2007 at 4:18 PM  

love that card :)
i love target too..i have refrain myself to going only a cpl of times a month bc its too easy to spend spend spend!!

also, thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hi :D

Noelia May 16, 2007 at 10:06 PM  

Congrats on your cards being published!
I have tried a few transparencies and I love the look of it. You're so lucky to have a Target, we don't have any here in Canada.

Jill May 18, 2007 at 6:22 PM  

VERY pretty!