Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Short sleeves :)

A funny thing happened yesterday...I sent Jamie upstairs to get dressed, and he shouted down to me that he couldn't reach the shirt he wanted to wear. I had just taken a load out of the dryer so I told him to just come down and get a shirt from me instead. He replied, "no Mama, I want to wear this new shirt to school!". I had no idea what he was talking about, so I headed up and he was pointing to a white short-sleeved shirt that my sister-in-law had sent for his birthday.


In most households, this wouldn't be such a big deal, but the thing is that Jamie hasn't worn short sleeves for 18 months! Yup, even on those 100-degree days in CA last summer he just wouldn't wear short sleeves....it was one of those things that wasn't worth fighting with him about (choose your battles, right?), and Iain and I always figured that he'd get really warm one day and cave to the short sleeves. It never happened - until yesterday! And then on the way out he says:

"Mama, I think we need to buy more of these short sleeves! They're great!"
Two Peas Blog Challenge: Name 3 things that are on your desk that shouldn't be: where do I start? Well, there's that tea cup from yesterday that belongs in the dishwasher, the pack of photo paper that I didn't put away yet, and the phone from my bedroom....plus a bunch of other stuff....I guess I have some tidying up to do :)

Today's card is another creation for The Cat's Pajamas :) Have a great Wednesday!

9 comments:

Lynn May 16, 2007 at 11:02 AM  

I can relate to the short-sleeves. I have a 15 year old that won't take off his winter coat yet! Driving me nuts.
Great card!

Bonita Rose May 16, 2007 at 12:42 PM  

I love the little sunflower, it's perfect!

Melissa May 16, 2007 at 2:27 PM  

I guess you just had to wait it out, lol, so cute that he said that you needed to go get some more of these short-sleave shirts ;)

love the sunflower on the card

Raquel May 16, 2007 at 5:08 PM  

Love the card! I can understand about the shirts. My 9 year old goes through phases too.

Heather May 16, 2007 at 8:34 PM  

Are kids funny! Just little versions of the quirky adults they grow up to be! One summer when I was 3 I would only wear one dress. My mom had to wait until I was asleep to get it off me so she could wash it and I would wear it again the next day. By the end of the summer all the smocking had come apart on it!

Julee (Vervegirl) May 17, 2007 at 10:20 AM  

Such a cute card! Short sleeves ARE pretty great.

Colleen May 18, 2007 at 7:43 AM  

Cute card! I agree with the picking your battles thing and short vs long sleeves was a good one not to bother with! Funny how they change their minds in an instant too!

Jill May 18, 2007 at 6:21 PM  

I love/hate when kids forget about something they've been fighting for or against tooth & nail!!! :-)

I've told parents in my class that some behavior that would be diagnosed and medicated in adults is actually quite normal in preschoolers...

Debbi May 19, 2007 at 7:32 AM  

xiGreat Story. Sometimes I wish my DD was little again so I could tell cute stuff. Guess I gotta wait to be a grandma/