Sunday, May 20, 2007

Writing...

Today's Two Peas Blog Challenge is a very thoughtful one....why do you write/journal/blog? For me, I have always loved the power of the written word. From a very young age, my grandmother taught me how just writing someone a letter can make their day. I have seen in my own kids' eyes how receiving a postcard from someone's vacation brings a smile to their faces. Sometimes when I receive a package in the mail - a circle journal, perhaps - the kids are disappointed that there wasn't something with their name in the mailbox. So go ahead, write someone a note today. Use pretty paper, a favorite pen, and just say hi! Give them a break from the bills and junk mail :)

Check out Jamie in one of his new shirts - he's quite the little man!

Enjoy your Sunday :)

4 comments:

Anonymous May 20, 2007 at 11:14 AM  

he looks cute!... Now he needs to go on a cruise! :-D

Melissa May 20, 2007 at 9:49 PM  

so true, everyone likes recieving happy mail ;)

such a cute pic!

Colleen May 22, 2007 at 9:57 AM  

What a pic and I agree about the thing about getting fun mail and not bills!! I hear ya!

Aparna May 23, 2007 at 8:22 PM  

You are so right about writing! I just found myself a pen pal - we are going to exchange letters because both of like to write.