Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Long Weekend!


We had a lovely, quiet weekend at home. On Saturday Iain took Jamie for a haircut while I finished my paper at home. Sunday morning was a lazy one spent drinking tea and reading my magazines, and then in the afternoon we went for a walk around Lake Evergreen and also around the little shops in Main Street (Nattie's favorites!). Hot dogs and ice cream for a late lunch, then we headed home.

On Sunday we went for a walk around the neighborhood; I love how every house here is so different! Iain and I are both starting to get the "painting bug"; we've been in the house for 8 months and it's time to get some color on those cream-colored walls! First up I think will be Nattie's bedroom which she says she wants to be orange or yellow. We'll have a look at some paint chips this week....
Today's Two Peas blog challenge is to share your favorite scrapbooking organization tips. Since we moved my scrap space is much smaller so I've become much more resourceful with my storage :) I put all my ribbon on 2" metal rings and hung them on the wall from mug hooks; I can see the colors easily and I've hung them on pieces of the wall which would otherwise be empty, leaving me more space for all those plastic drawers and containers :) I'll try and get some photos of my scrap room this week (but first I'll have to tidy it! LOL!).

6 comments:

EquineSpirit May 29, 2007 at 11:08 AM  

Beautiful photos! Sounds like ya had a nice weekend.

Melissa May 29, 2007 at 11:49 AM  

how fun! I would have loved to be near a lake this weekend.

I am itching to start painting my walls too..hoping to get the kitchen and one bedroom done before the end of the summer.

Colleen May 29, 2007 at 11:51 AM  

Great pics and sounds like a nice weekend. I might try the ribbon thing as I have mine in glass jars right now and I'm not sure I'm using it as much as I would if it were out - though it looks nice!

Noelia May 29, 2007 at 12:48 PM  

Great photos! Sounds like you had a nice weekend. Good luck selecting new paint for your home. I love painting! I painted my daughter's room two shades of pink of course. I can't wait to see pics of your scrap room. I'm in need of inspiration as my scrap corner is getting finished really soon! I'm so excited!

Lynn May 29, 2007 at 2:10 PM  

What a wonderful relaxing weekend you had. That is so sweet. I love the photos and that lake looks so nice an peaceful.
My son is getting ready to paint his bedroom walls and he is going a wonderful orange color! I think it was called tangerine, I will have to check. Can't wait to see it done. Love your tips on the ribbon storage. I think I'm going to have to try that. I have very limited space also.

Jill May 29, 2007 at 10:06 PM  

Pretty photos!