Thursday, April 26, 2007

Do we have power yet?!

Checking in here from the Marriott in Littleton. We've had no power at the house since Tuesday afternoon's big snowstorm, so yesterday I decided it was time to bail and get myself and the kids to a hotel. My neighbor helped me get the generator going so that we could start up the snowblower, and there were 2 feet of snow to be moved before we could get the car out. Iain came home a day early from Las Vegas and met us at the hotel last night.

There was no school on Tuesday or Wednesday, so it looks like the school year will be extended into the first week of summer vacation because of all the snow days... Iain and Nattie have headed up there this morning to see if it's back on yet. I had to dump everything from the fridge so there will be some major grocery shopping to be done when we get back in.

Phew! What a couple of days!

So, for something a bit lighter, here's a little questionnaire I found over at Random Pondering:

FOUR JOBS I HAVE HAD IN MY LIFE:
Grocery store clerk
HR admin supervisor
Admin asst
SAHM :)

FOUR MOVIES I HAVE ESPECIALLY LIKED:
Thomas Crown Affair
Pulp Fiction
Jaws (such a classic!)
Braveheart

FOUR PLACES I HAVE LIVED:
Edinburgh, Scotland
San Diego, CA
Boston, MA
Conifer, CO

FOUR TV SHOWS I LOVE TO WATCH:
Amazing Race
Survivor
The Riches
Rescue Me

FOUR PLACES I HAVE BEEN ON VACATION:
Paris, France
Lake Wolfgang, Austria
Maui, HI
Trier, Germany

FOUR OF MY FAVORITE FOODS:
Chicken Tikka Masala (Indian)
Chicken w/Black Bean Sauce (Chinese)
Fish & Chips (from a proper British chippy!)
Steak & Onion crisps (British)

FOUR PLACES I WOULD RATHER BE RIGHT NOW:
In my own house with power!
Scrapping retreat
On a beach with my hubby and endless margaritas
Traveling the world :)

3 comments:

Yellow Fence April 26, 2007 at 7:50 AM  

Enjoy the hotel. We had a similar situation a few years back with hurricanes. Finally going to a hotel was the best decision we made!

Shannon

Anonymous April 26, 2007 at 4:43 PM  

oh my goodness! glad you are able to go to a hotel. are you missing socal yet?

Jill April 26, 2007 at 8:05 PM  

Oh dear! I hope you're having a good time of the hotel at least!