Monday, April 02, 2007

Ah, the smell of a clean house....

even if it only lasts for one a few hours, I can enjoy it, right? Iain and Nattie went skiing yesterday and Jamie and I stayed home. I decided I was going to do a big clean, so with cleaning supplies in hand I tackled the house - with Jamie's help, of course! I love the smell of the Swiffer Wet wipes, and the floor looked so shiny. The carpets were nice and fluffy, the toys were put away.

But of course - we live here!! So by the time everyone got home, had dinner, and bedtime rolled around last night, it was all back to normal - toys scattered, floor scuffed and smattered with cereal crumbs, bits of carpet flat again. And I wouldn't have it any other way :) It's what I'm used to, and it means everyone is home.

Talking of home, this card is made with stamps from justjohanna. I stamped on to different patterned papers, cut out pieces of the house and then put it back together. I love the "blah blah blah" coming out of the chimney :)

7 comments:

Ingrid April 2, 2007 at 11:17 AM  

I too love the smell of a clean house, but like you said it never lasts too long. Too bad, but that's life. :-) I really like your card.

Melissa April 2, 2007 at 11:37 AM  

ah the smell of a clean house..if only it would last longer ;)

super cute card

Bonita Rose April 2, 2007 at 12:14 PM  

love that card!

Noelia April 2, 2007 at 5:05 PM  

You gotta enjoy it while it lasts right?
Your card is lovely.

Colleen April 2, 2007 at 9:12 PM  

What a cute card! I managed to get some cleaning done yesterday too, but you're right in that it never lasts that long! Such is life...

Kerry McKibbins April 3, 2007 at 11:35 AM  

that is a GREAT card.
Now I feel like I have to clean my house, thanks a lot.

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design April 5, 2007 at 9:44 AM  

Cute cards!!!