Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Busy, busy....


Thought I'd post an update along with another TCP card - this card uses TCP's new "Penguin Christmas" set. I also used the German Glass Glitter to cover some felt snowflakes before I attached them to the card front.
It's been quite a week here so far...I'm in my last week of school (YEAH!) - my last official day of class is Monday November 16th - and then I'll have my degree! It's been a long few years, but I am very, very proud of myself :)



Things at school are going really well. The kids from 2nd, 4th and 5th grade that I work with every day are fantastic - they are so open and honest, and I have grown attached to every single one of them. Although I am excited to start my new job on December 10th, I will miss the kids a lot - but they have assured me that they will be stopping by to say hello (or to get bus passes, to be excused for a dental appointment, or anything else I can help them with). Change is good, right?



Nattie and Jamie are both working very hard at school. They are both turning into really nice, fun people which is cool to watch :) All the animals are well, although Sally (our diabetic cat) has to go to the vet on Friday to have her blood monitored for a day so that we can find out if her insulin dose needs to be adjusted. She's back to drinking a lot of water again, so I'm thinking there must be something going on...



After school finishes, I will have my evenings and weekends back! I am very much looking forward to catching up with all my blogging friends (I am very sorry that I've been a bad blog visitor this past month), participating in all my favorite card sketch challenges again, and generally just being able to have some "me" time :) Take care everyone - and thanks, as always, for stopping by.

9 comments:

Anonymous November 11, 2009 at 8:48 PM  

ACK!!!!!!!! I'm so sorry I haven't been able to comment lately but I have seen all your fabulous creations lately and I love them. This one is my favorite!! I love the glittery snowflakes and the string on the side!!!

Maria
Got {ippity}?
http://salesbym.blogspot.com

Tenia Nelson November 11, 2009 at 9:48 PM  

Very nice!!

SueB November 12, 2009 at 5:18 AM  

LOVE the card - TFS! It's been a few years since I've taken classes but my DH used to think it such a good example for our boys to see me working on assignments and doing well. Congrats on your milestone!

Maureen November 12, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

Congrats Toni! You should be proud; and yes, change is good.

Your card is so cute! Love the penguin. fingers crossed that Sally is okay. Take care.

Kathi November 12, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

* Congrats on finishing your degree.

* Congrats on the new job!

* Great card. I love the penguin as a little drummer boy!

Jenny Gropp November 13, 2009 at 8:08 AM  

Ohhh so mnay changes coming your way! Awesome Toni!!!
This is adorable - absolutely adorable!!!

Karrie Baker November 13, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

that's it, after seeing you card I am going to have to go shopping. LOL

Janet November 17, 2009 at 11:53 PM  

Wow, congratulations on finishing your degree! It's challenging enough being in school when that is your only "job," but much harder when you're wearing as many hats as you do. What a great accomplishment!

Tracy November 25, 2009 at 1:25 PM  

Ohhh Toni this is toooo cute. I love the colors you used. So perfect for this little guy. I need to ink mine up. They are just sitting on my desk begging me to play with them. :)