Monday, September 21, 2009

SNOW!!

Yep, we've got SNOW on the ground - a foot of it - and the yellow/gold leaves haven't even fallen off the Aspen trees yet! It was pretty light this morning, not even settling on the road, but by the end of the school day it got really heavy with big, fluffy flakes.


I had an appointment in Evergreen right after school, and the drive home took me an hour - it's usually just a 25-minute drive. I'm a wimp driving in the snow; everyone gets stuck behind me on the single-lane road up to our house :)


Then again, I'd rather get home safe and slowly than get stuck or swerve off the road like the dozen cars (and one school bus!) that I passed in the last couple of miles of my drive...

9 comments:

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings September 21, 2009 at 10:21 PM  

Oh my goodness gracious!!! Isn't that EARLY???

Lisa September 22, 2009 at 9:10 AM  

Wow snow!!! We still have a little heat wave going on here in CA.

Lisa

Chris September 22, 2009 at 9:34 AM  

Ack, I hate snow. I wouldn't do well there.

Maureen September 22, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

Wow! And here I thought WE got snow early! I am hoping it holds off until Halloween up here... over the weekend we hit 30 C! Wierd, wierd weather.

Amanda Winkelman September 22, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

Sooooo jealous! What I wouldn't give for some white stuff about now! It's close to 90 here is seattle today! I'm so done with summer! I guess I know where I need to relocate! LOL!

Jenny Gropp September 22, 2009 at 7:35 PM  

OMG snow!!!! WOW. We are very soggy down here in the South.
I tried to email u - but it bounced back!! I got your card, thx!!!!

Sues September 22, 2009 at 8:55 PM  

Snow on the last day of summer - isn't it just like Colorado!!! Love it!!!

emily September 23, 2009 at 4:54 AM  

Oh my! I'm definately not ready for that yet!

Linda September 30, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

I hope you enjoyed the snow. I love your Halloween cards. The stamps are so cute!