Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Whatever floats your boat...


I really love the way this card turned out. I made it to play along with the Card Patterns sketch last week :) The stamps are from TCP's "By the Sea" set, and the patterned paper is the "Girl Friday" collection by Cosmo Cricket.
Yesterday Iain and his sister headed out to San Francisco for 2 days. Helen is turning 60 later this month and will be retiring from her job as an elementary school assistant principal, so this is our birthday/retirement gift to her. They're planning to play several rounds of golf out there, so I'm sure they'll both have a great time. The kids and I stayed at home all day in our jammies, crafting and just hanging out. The three of us love our "jammie days". I got several cards made and Nattie made some progress on the 2,000-piece jigsaw puzzle she's been working on :) Today I think we're going to go to the movies, although we haven't decided what to see yet - the choice is "G-Force" or "Ice Age 3"...I'll let you know!

7 comments:

Anonymous August 5, 2009 at 8:12 AM  

This is so cute! I love all the dp's and the bright colors :)

Lisa August 5, 2009 at 8:32 AM  

Love the card! The saying is something my hubby says all the time - too funny.

Lisa

Heather August 5, 2009 at 8:44 AM  

Very cute card! I had some of those brads at one point. I love how you used them!

Debbie August 5, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

Cute card. Enjoy the movie, G-Force looks cute.

Doris August 5, 2009 at 7:26 PM  

I checked out all the others for that pattern and love the way you did yours! Very clever...

Tracey August 5, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

Love this card Toni! Too cute and that sentiment is fabulous!!

Tracy August 7, 2009 at 5:06 PM  

GET OUT! See what I get for not blurfing for a few days? I am so happy I didn't miss this baby. It is FANTASTIC!! You should be happy with the way it turned out. An original no doubt.