Saturday, August 22, 2009

Meet Sandy


With everything going on at home right now, I haven't yet posted about our latest addition :) This is Sandy!
An email came from one of the parents at school about 10 days ago; this family had been looking after her brother's cat, but what was supposed to be a short-term arrangement was turning into a long-term one and she didn't feel that she had the room in her house for another cat to stay permanently, so the family decided to look for a new home for Sandy. Once Nattie saw the photos of her, she really wanted us to help her - how could I say no? So we went over to visit her, and as you can see, she's a beautiful cat. I agreed that we'd bring her here and try things out for a few days - it's unpredictable when we already have 4 cats and Tasha, so everyone would need to be somewhat flexible.
Sandy has done really well, though! She's very, very shy and prefers to stay wherever Nattie is. Nattie is very protective over her and was determined to make the situation work by making Sandy feel welcome and helping the other pets adjust. So far, so good...

11 comments:

Debbie August 23, 2009 at 12:17 AM  

She is beautiful. I hope it works out, how sad for Sandy to have keep shuffling from home to home.

Heather August 23, 2009 at 4:54 AM  

What a beautiful cat! That's great you guys can help her. I hope it works out and she can stay! :)

Karrie Baker August 23, 2009 at 6:24 AM  

She is quite a beauty!! I can see why Nattie would want to make it work. heehee

Lisa Foster August 23, 2009 at 8:29 AM  

Awww...I'm glad she's working out...Yay for Nattie! Sandy is a beautiful cat...congrats on the newest member of your family! Hugs, Lisa

Lisa August 23, 2009 at 9:05 AM  

Shy is better. All Honey Bunny wants to do is put poor Mr. Purrcy in a head lock and bit him. Lucky for her he doesn't fight back.

Jenny Gropp August 23, 2009 at 10:53 AM  

oh, oh, oh.... i wanna another kitty. she looks so sweet! My nine pound fur prince will not tolerate any other fur creatures in his home, goes nuts if he even sees one in the yard from the window or porch.I guess he thinks he is fierce and protective (all nine fluffy pounds, lol) -- but really he is kinda pretty boy lookin and prances rather than walks straight! He prefers to have all human attentions directed toward him. He runs our house completely.

(my word verification is "prada" -- fitting since I was talking about his royal highness!!! - if he would tolerate a collar he would desire prada!!)

Rocio August 23, 2009 at 12:53 PM  

She is so cute. I hope it works out with the rest of the family. My two kitties still 4 years later can't be always together. Give it time and Nattie is doing a great job.

Janet August 24, 2009 at 7:11 AM  

Aww, what a pretty kitty! You're such a good cat mom to offer your home to her!

Hope all is ok, Toni! I'm thinking of you!

Tracy August 24, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

What a sweetheart she is. And one lucky girl to be living with you now. I know if I were a cat I would want to live with you too. So glad you're back online Toni. Missed ya girl!

Big HUGS!!!!!
Tracy

Anya August 24, 2009 at 3:44 PM  

Its a BEAUTY :)

((HUGS))
Kareltje =^.^=

Maureen August 24, 2009 at 6:08 PM  

Aw what a pretty cat!!! I do hope she is a permanent member of the family!!!