Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mom's Day :)


Hi everyone, I wanted to wish you all a Happy Mother's Day (and share a fun photo of the kids and I from several years ago)! I have to say, this is always an emotional day for me when it rolls around each year. My relationship with my mom (back in England) is non-existent, but I won't even go into the details on that. Also, Iain and I lost our first baby, a daughter named Carol Helen on May 4, 1995. She was stillborn at 24 weeks and had spina bifida. At this time of year (Carol's birthday and Mother's Day) I find myself thinking about Carol a lot. She would have been 14 this year!


Having gone through the loss of a child and the loss of my relationship with my own mother, it makes me even more appreciative of the 2 fabulous kiddos that Iain and I are lucky enough to have. Nattie and Jamie make me smile, laugh, feel proud, worry plus all the other feelings that moms go through with their kids every day :) They are both very special kids who are going to grow up to be wonderful people, and I will be there to cheer them on every step of the way. And that makes my Mother's Day happy.

16 comments:

Lisa Foster May 10, 2009 at 5:21 AM  

This is a wonderful photo, Toni! My wishes to you for a very happy Mother's Day, My friend...and one big huge giant HUG for all of your pain and your happiness, and for your 2 beautiful kids that you are sharing today with.
{{HUGS}}
Lisa

Elena May 10, 2009 at 5:32 AM  

Happy Mother's Day!
Beautiful picture, Toni!
Sorry that you have these memories at this day...
Hugs,
Elena

Karrie Baker May 10, 2009 at 7:52 AM  

A very Happy Mother's Day to you Toni!!xo

Linda May 10, 2009 at 8:42 AM  

I hope you enjoy your Mother's Day with your cuties.

Lida May 10, 2009 at 9:40 AM  

Sending you a warm hug this special day!! Happy Mothers Day, get spoiled!!

emily May 10, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

Happy Mother's Day to you! Your children are beautiful and I hope that you are warmed with memories today...{{hugs}}

Debbie May 10, 2009 at 10:32 AM  

You have fabulous kiddos and you are a fabulous mom! Happy Mother's day Toni.

Unknown May 10, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

I have always loved this photo. Thinking of you today and pray that you know how special of a mom YOU are! You are awesome! Love you!

Janet May 10, 2009 at 6:36 PM  

Awww...What a lovely post, Toni! Hope you've had a wonderful Mom's Day with your family.

LorettaL May 10, 2009 at 7:51 PM  

Toni, you are such a sweetheart with an amazing sensitive spirit. Huge (((hugs))) coming through cyberspace atcha!!!

Anonymous May 10, 2009 at 9:14 PM  

Oh Toni, {{BIG HUGS}}. I hope you had a wonderful day with your kiddos! Happy Mother's Day!!!

Tracy May 11, 2009 at 10:21 AM  

I just *love* this picture Toni. You 3 look so happy. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. {{{{HUGS}}}}

Darcey May 11, 2009 at 2:06 PM  

What a great photo!! Everyone looks so happy. I am so sorry about Carol and the lack of relationship with your mother. It is hard. I am glad you are such a great Mom, and your kids adore you. Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

Sues May 11, 2009 at 9:22 PM  

This is a great photo! I have a hard time this time of year too... my Mom's bday is tomorrow and it's been 18 years since I've celebrated a Mother's Day with her. That was the first and last time she was ever at my first house. I really still miss her a lot. Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

Maureen May 12, 2009 at 10:08 AM  

Aw, Toni, what a great photo! Happy Belated Mother's Day to you as well!

Tami May 15, 2009 at 11:16 PM  

What a beautiful picture. Happy Belated Mother's Day. I have enjoyed visiting your blog. Can't wait to return and dig deeper!! I love your art Toni.