Thursday, April 16, 2009

Tracy's Sketch Challenge #32



Hey there! I hope you're having a terrific week. Thank you to everyone who stopped by on their way around the Artful INKables blog hop yesterday - I truly appreciate your comments, and I think that a hop is a great way to showcase new releases!

Today I have a card that I made for Tracy's Sketch Challenge from last week. Tracy posts a new challenge every Thursday, and I try to play along as often as I can :) I pulled out my "Sick Poochie" and "Dogtor's Orders" stamps (from TCP, of course) and got to work.

Can you tell that this card was made around the same time as yesterday's card (hence the stitching)? LOL! I seem to go through phases with techniques like that :) The patterned paper is from the "Penny Lane" collection by My Mind's Eye. I have to say, I really like how the texture on Poochie's quilt turned out; he looks much more cozy in his bed now :)

We might be in for some major Spring snow (aka heavy and wet snow) between now and Saturday afternoon - some forecasts are saying as much as 2 or 3 feet for us here in Conifer - yikes! The kids are already hoping for a snow day on Friday, but we have to wait and see which direction the storm takes...

9 comments:

Lisa Foster April 16, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

Toni this is so CUTE!!!! I LVOE the stitching...especially on the comforter...dang, Girl...you are so creative!!!! Love the delish colors too!

Carol April 16, 2009 at 6:18 PM  

Toni, as I commented before- you FLOORED me with this card!!! love that stitching technique and the look that gives the comforter here as well as the frame for the sentiment...clever idea!!!

jillconyers April 17, 2009 at 3:50 AM  

Love the colors and the stitching is too cute :)

Heather April 17, 2009 at 5:56 AM  

Adorable card, as always! I love the stitching on the quilt...very creative! :)

Karrie Baker April 17, 2009 at 6:08 AM  

Toni, this turned out AWESOME!! I love the stitching!! :)

Shelley April 17, 2009 at 9:15 AM  

I just love the stitching around the cards you've done lately! One of my favorite things to do! So very pretty and clever to stitch the quilt on the bed!

Hope you avoid the snow!

Sarah Coggins April 17, 2009 at 9:30 AM  

Gorgeous card! I love the edging treatments and stitching. My jaw dropped when I saw your forecast. I have trouble picturing that much snow especially this time of year!

Elena April 17, 2009 at 12:39 PM  

I love your stitching, Toni! Especially on the blanket!

Darcey April 21, 2009 at 8:12 PM  

Adorable card!