Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Gramps

I got an email today saying that my grandad (Gramps) is in hospital in England. He's not been too well this past month with a cold and then a secondary infection, and this morning he fainted so they have him in hospital to run some tests on his heart and other things. Gramps is 95 years old (96 next week!).

I have a very special relationship with Gramps; we write to each other via "snail mail" regularly. He is one of the sweetest people you could ever meet - I don't ever remember him having a mean thing to say to or about anyone. As some of you know, my dad (Gramps' son) died over 20 years ago; I think this is part of what makes our connection so valuable to me. Hopefully tomorrow will bring some good news from back home.

9 comments:

Anonymous February 12, 2009 at 12:12 AM  

Toni ~ My thoughts and prayers are with you and your granddad...I hope he is in no pain and is peaceful...wishing you and your gramps God's love ~ Velta

Heather February 12, 2009 at 5:42 AM  

Toni, I hope your grandpa is well soon. I know how hard it must be on you having someone so close to you be so far away. :(

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings February 12, 2009 at 7:22 AM  

Hope he's much better today! What an awesome relationship you have!

Rachel V. February 12, 2009 at 8:35 AM  

Oh...I'm really hoping you get good news today!!! (((hugs)))

Anonymous February 12, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

oh toni!!! I'm so sorry to hear about your gramps. i hope you get good news, your in my thoughts and prayers :)

Tracey February 12, 2009 at 3:44 PM  

So sorry to hear this Toni! You and your Gramps are in my thoughts! xx

Unknown February 12, 2009 at 4:31 PM  

You're are all in my prayers - keep me posted.

{{{{hugs}}}}}
Patti

Alma de la Rosa February 13, 2009 at 10:36 AM  

My thoughts are with you and your family. Think happy thoughts.

Betty J Schaub February 13, 2009 at 5:04 PM  

Hoping GRAMPS is doing better today!