Monday, December 01, 2008

I finally posted some photos...

of my new space down in the basement :) I love it! I've actually changed it around a little since I took the photos, but you get the general idea, right? The kids are really enjoying it too; the three of us can create together down there, but we're not all on top of each other like we were when I was in the room upstairs (now our guest room). This coming Saturday I'll be holding my card class here - this is the one I'm holding as a fundraiser for our school's PTA. It's a full class - there are 10 AWESOME ladies signed up and I hope they have a great time!

I started putting the class packs together today...and I have to give a HUGE THANK YOU to Alma of The Cat's Pajamas and Kim of My Favorite Things - they each donated all the stamps for this class! As a result, I'm able to donate 75% of the cost of the class to our PTA :) How cool is that???

How was the rest of your Thanksgiving weekend? We spent our time finishing up the basement, putting up our Christmas tree and decorations (inside: me; outside: DH), and generally just hanging out together. It was great having Iain home and off work for such a long period of time :) This week he's flying to Scotland on Thursday; he'll be back next Monday. He's going to visit his mum - she's in her 80s and so even if we can't afford for the 4 of us to fly back every year, we figured it would still be nice for him to take a short trip over and spend a few days with his mum and sister in Gourock. The kids and I have a list of goodies for him to bring back for us...

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Debbie December 1, 2008 at 9:53 AM  

Oh my goodness! I love you creating space, it is huge. And so well organized. I love that it has windows (in a basement?) and looks like there is great ceiling lighting too.

Colleen December 1, 2008 at 2:06 PM  

Wow! Looks and sounds like you've been busy! Have fun with the class!

Linda December 1, 2008 at 7:44 PM  

I love your space! I hope your class goes well!