Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Missing you, Nattie!


Nattie has been gone at outdoor lab since Monday...and there are no phone calls home! On Monday night I have to admit I enjoyed the quiet :) but I got over that quickly and now I really miss her! Iain's gone on a trip, too, so it's just Jamie and I here until Thursday evening. I bet the 6th graders are having a fantastic time, though! I'm sure there will be lots of stories for Nattie to tell us when she's back home on Friday :)
On Tuesday morning I went into the garage to get the car and drive to work, only to find that our garage door had come off its tracks. It was one of those things that we were going to replace "eventually"...
Fortunately I found a company that was able to come out yesterday afternoon to check it out and they are installing a new door today. So I ended up getting 2 surprise days off from work! I split my time yesterday between walking Tasha, stamping, and doing school work - and today will be the same. I could clean, but - why would I do that???!!! :)

7 comments:

Unknown October 15, 2008 at 8:41 AM  

Oh my goodness has your little girl grown up!!! This pic is fantastic!
Enjoy your quiet time - in a few days you'll be wishing you had it back!!! :)
Enjoy your "surprise time off"!!!!
Miss you!

Sarah Coggins October 15, 2008 at 6:31 PM  

Bummer about the garage door. I don't blame you - I wouldn't waste this unexpected free time cleaning. ;)

Wow. Nattie looks so grown up in that photo! Such a beautiful girl! Hope she's having a blast.

Sues October 15, 2008 at 9:52 PM  

You will hear lots of great stories... or else she'll have lots of great secrets! What fun she is having! Sorry about the garage door... it was a plea to stay home for a day!!!

Lynn October 16, 2008 at 11:54 AM  

Nattie is sure growing up quickly (which they do btw, lol). I'm sure they are having the time of their live's out there. I can understand how quite it is. I usually look forward to that (it doesn't happen often here), but I also get bored pretty fast also. I wouldn't clean either. It was a fluke incident that made you stay home why ruin it.

Ryzmomplus2 October 17, 2008 at 11:26 AM  

Oh I know what you mean about missing them! At first its okay but that quickly goes away! Tagged you on my blog!

Janet October 17, 2008 at 10:15 PM  

What a pretty girl! She looks so grown up! Did she take a camera along on the trip?

Debbie October 19, 2008 at 9:46 PM  

Oh, time flies so fast. She went from little girl to young woman overnight!