Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday musings


So, both kiddos are officially back in school now. Nattie did well getting herself organized this morning; she and Iain went out to the bus stop together. Then, almost 2 hours later it was Jamie's turn. After Jamie left, Iain and I went out for breakfast together (a tradition for us on "back to school day") before I went for my first full day working at the school.
Everything went really well! It turns out I get to supervise the 1st grade recess, so I got to watch Jamie playing with his friends :) The rest of my time was spent with 5th grade - in the classroom, and then taking the kiddos to lunch and recess. On my way out, I met the principal and she asked me if I'd be interested in also being the aide for the morning kindergarten class...so now I'll be working 9.30am - 1.30pm every day, with a mix of kindergarteners, 1st graders and 5th graders! I will take my gym clothes with me and go to the gym on the way home...and my degree work will fit in around all that. Phew!
Today's photo is one I took this weekend of one of our cats, Sally. This is the one who was diagnosed with diabetes several months ago. She gets insulin shots twice a day now and is doing really well! Yeah!
Come back and visit tomorrow for TCP Tuesday! I'll be hosting the Color Challenge this week :)

9 comments:

Gabrielle August 18, 2008 at 8:29 PM  

Back to school for us too! What a cool tradition for you and your son! Fun!

Debbie August 18, 2008 at 9:01 PM  

Sally is beautiful!

Darcey August 19, 2008 at 9:14 AM  

So glad you had a good first day! Sally is beautiful, glad she is doing good.

Sues August 19, 2008 at 7:01 PM  

Wow, you will be so busy now!!! That's so awesome! How can they not like you anyway? What fun! Enjoy your new job!!! (My still envious!!)

Jen Sue Wild August 19, 2008 at 9:47 PM  

Gald every thing went well!!
Cut kitty pic.

Janet August 19, 2008 at 9:50 PM  

Glad you're enjoying your new role at school! Love the pic and so glad to hear Sally is doing well!

Maureen August 21, 2008 at 8:01 PM  

Aw, Sally is so cute!!!

Boy, your kids go back early; ours don't return until Sept 3rd!

Linda Nicholson August 24, 2008 at 8:46 AM  

Such a pretty kitty! Why are cats always so darned photogenic?

Linda

Sarah Coggins August 25, 2008 at 6:44 AM  

Glad you all had a good first day! Beautiful photo of Sally. Good to know she is doing better! :)