Thursday, August 14, 2008

Big day tomorrow!

Nattie will be starting 6th grade at a new school - middle school - tomorrow. She is nervous but excited; she spent the whole day relaxing today, making the most of her last day of summer break.

And tomorrow will be my first day at my new job! I went to orientation on Monday and got all the HR paperwork done; tomorrow I'll be working with the 5th grade teachers for a couple of hours, doing whatever I can to help them get ready for the first day of school (Monday). Then all the paraprofessionals are having a lunch meeting with the principal, which I am quite looking forward to. It'll be nice to meet all the others before school starts.

I'm nervous too, but I know I will thoroughly enjoy it. Have a great evening!

5 comments:

Sues August 15, 2008 at 9:06 AM  

Hope your first day at the job went well and Nattie's as well!!! How fun! Too bad the weather is crappy, but that shouldn't bring you down I hope!!!

Benita August 15, 2008 at 9:14 AM  

Best of luck to both you & Nattie. You'll both do just fine :)

Sarah Coggins August 15, 2008 at 8:43 PM  

Hope you both had a great first day! :)

Heather August 16, 2008 at 6:21 AM  

Congrats on your new job. I'm sure you'll love it! By the way, I've moved my blog back to Blogger. Maybe I can keep it up-to-date now! :)

Lynn August 16, 2008 at 9:23 AM  

Sounds like you have a few 1st going on over there. The 6th grade, ahhh... this can be awfully scary at times, I'm sure Nattie will do great! She'll see her friends and it will be nothing.
A new job! Congrats. This sounds very exciting for you. I'm sure it will be great.
As always, your cards are just amazing! just like you are.
Can't wait to hear what the first week of school brings you both.
btw- I left you a little something on my blog.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.