Friday, May 16, 2008

Busy, busy! And "the mask"...

It's been a busy couple of days here! I haven't even had time for much stamping! Waaah! Never mind, the weekend is coming up and I'm ready to get inky :) This afternoon we went to Nattie's piano recital in Evergreen...she did a duet and 2 solo pieces and she ROCKED! I was so proud of her! I was able to video her performance so that Iain can see it when he gets home.

And my biology class is tough! It was the only subject I had trouble with in high school...I'll be glad when this one is over. And what's with all these electives, anyway? When I went to college back in Scotland the entire course was devoted to your major (Office Studies w/Languages, in my case), and it was the same for Iain's degree in Computer Science. So this whole "electives" thing is new to me...

I got my CPAP machine delivered today...I showed it to the kiddos this afternoon so that they don't get a fright if they come in our room tomorrow morning and see me with it on! LOL! I am really not happy about it and felt pretty down about the whole thing this afternoon...some of you know but I am making a huge effort to lose weight now that it's come down to having to wear a Darth Vader-ish mask at night - my doctor said that in about 2/3 of the cases, losing a good amount of weight can make a big difference in whether or not you need to use the mask. I joined Weight Watchers almost 2 weeks ago and have lost several pounds already, and I also joined a gym and have been getting my butt kicked by a trainer twice a week. Benita and I are considering starting a blog about our weight loss journey, so I'll keep you posted if we go ahead with that and you can come and cheer us on!

Enough of my whining :) What are your weekend plans? My hubby gets back from Mexico tonight and we have him home for the weekend before he leaves for Brazil on Monday :( We'll probably be taking it easy-ish, just enjoying the time for the four of us to hang out together. Temperatures may get up in the high 60s this weekend, so I think we'll be getting the cushions out for the chairs on the deck and perhaps some grilling will be in order - especially after the crazy week of weather we've had!

Have a super weekend, whatever you're up to! I'll be back tomorrow with some cards :)

14 comments:

Linda Nicholson May 16, 2008 at 8:26 PM  

Hey Toni! You're not the only one who could stand to lose some weight. I myself could stand to lose 40-50 pounds (luckily I hide it well)! I'll be pulling for you and trying to get motivated myself to drop some poundage! In the meantime though, wear the mask so you can stay healthy!

Linda

Shannan Teubner May 16, 2008 at 8:40 PM  

Hugs, Toni...I just got my CPAP a few weeks ago and am still getting used to it. Give it some time...the first few days are the hardest, but you really feel better in the morning once you get used to it.

Anonymous May 16, 2008 at 9:02 PM  

Hi - I'm Mary (UTPea) from the gs board. I'm trying to lose 50 pounds too - it sounds like you aren't the only one!

Sues May 16, 2008 at 9:45 PM  

You know my story... I lost 40 lbs on WW and I know you can do it too! I am confident that you will do well at this and you will not have to use that CPAP machine for long!! I am always here for you when things get tough! It's a long hard road, but one that has many friends along the way for support!!! (((((hugs)))))

And enjoy the weekend! Come down out of the foothills and get a little bit of the heat down here! We're headed into the 80's by Sunday!!! Summer is here... we always miss Springtime!!!

Carla May 16, 2008 at 9:50 PM  

Hey Toni, I hear ya! I'd like to lose 45 pounds. I probably need to lose more, but I just can't think that big-too demoralizing! We can do this! We need to be healthy so we can be around to stamp longer! (Among other things!)

jillconyers May 17, 2008 at 6:10 AM  

WW has the best cookbooks! They're the only ones I use. Yummy recipes!
Keep us updated or let us know when you need an extra push :)

This weekend dh is running a race and dd has a meet the team for her competitive cheer squad. We're going skaing!

Have a great weekend!

Ryzmomplus2 May 17, 2008 at 11:12 AM  

Hey Toni,
Sounds like your heads moving in the right direction now if our bodies would only work with us :) - I lost 40 lbs on WW and could stand to lose another 10. I did it with the online. And always remember the time will go by whether you do something or not, so why not make a difference in your life. You will feel better not only mentally but physically too!

Heather May 17, 2008 at 2:04 PM  

I have a few friends that have to wear CPAP masks at night, and they all say they feel much better since they've started. I'm sure there's just a period of adjustment. It sounds like you won't have to wear it for long though. Keep up the good work! :)

Lida May 18, 2008 at 6:08 PM  

I hope you feel better with the CPAP mask, and where in Mexico was your husband?? So nice you get him for the weekend and next Brazil how cool! Can´t wait to see what you stamp!

Linda May 19, 2008 at 11:33 AM  

I hope that the CPAP helps you feel better. You are not alone in needing to lose weight. I need to get back on that wagon. Good luck with WW.

swordsandswimmers May 19, 2008 at 9:54 PM  

Hey Toni,

Troy and I just started Nutrisystem and are finding it very easy. The portions are all figured out for you, you just add fresh veggies and dairy and it is so easy.....I am sure it could convert into WW points easily enough. Just though you might like to know if it becomes a hassel counting all those points. I will keep you posted. I am trying to take off 20 before our vacation.

Benita May 20, 2008 at 10:14 AM  

Hiya Toni :)

Yep, we're going to do this together! I can't wait to get our blog going now.....we can do this!

My DH also uses a CPAP machine & he sleeps so much better with it. It does take some getting used to, but once you do, you'll feel so much better & you'll sleep a lot better, too.

Let's get that blog rolling :)

K G May 20, 2008 at 10:29 AM  

Hi Toni! Electives are the pits in college. I even had them in graduate school. LOL!

Good luck on your weight loss. I know some people who have had tremendous results with WW combined with a good exercise program. Keep us in the loop on your progress! HUGS!!!

Janet May 28, 2008 at 9:18 PM  

Ah, hang in there! It sounds like you are making all the right choices for your health and well-being.