Monday, April 07, 2008

Cupcake Box Thanks!

I'm finishing up my assignment for Creative Cuts and More. This month's challenge was to use the new Cupcake Box die. It is so cute - comes with a little insert to hold the cupcake inside the box, and a see-through lid to view all the yummy goodness :)

I decided to take it in a different direction, though - I decorated the box with some patterned paper from the 7 gypsies "Capri" line and a piece of orange ribbon. Then I made these flowers from the same paper line, attached them to wooden dowels that I had covered with floral wire and held them in place by putting a styrofoam square inside the box.

To complete the orange-ness (is that a word?), I filled the leftover space with some tasty Orange Creme Hershey's Kisses - have you tried them? To finish off the project, I stamped "Big Thanks" (by The Cat's Pajamas) on a wooden tag, inked the edges, and voila!

9 comments:

Heather April 7, 2008 at 1:38 PM  

That is so cute! And the chocolate is a little bonus!

Tanis April 7, 2008 at 3:06 PM  

Love these too!!

Sues April 7, 2008 at 6:59 PM  

You did an amazing thing with this cupcake box! Although I was looking forward to a BIG CHOCOLATE/CHOCOLATE cupcake in it for my birthday!!!

Karrie Baker April 7, 2008 at 7:34 PM  

wowwwweeeeeeeeeeeeee!! you kicked my bootie in this project!!! LOL

Anonymous April 8, 2008 at 1:28 AM  

What a great idea Toni! So very cute!

Nancyroo April 8, 2008 at 7:18 AM  

this is just adorable!

Janet April 8, 2008 at 8:31 AM  

This is a completely adorable project! I just love those flowers! And that particular line of paper is the best. I used it in a class I taught awhile back. TFS!!

Linda April 9, 2008 at 9:49 AM  

This is very cute. I love this idea

Aimeslee Winans April 9, 2008 at 12:29 PM  

Those flowers are awesome!