Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday already?!

The week has flown by - and I bet the kids feel the same too! It's back to school for them on Monday :)

We went to Denver Zoo yesterday and had a great time - despite the temps only reaching the low 40's! BRRRR! The leopards were very active, growling at each other, and Jamie and Nattie both loved watching the squirrel monkeys leaping around from branch to branch. A stop at Starbucks was definitely in order on the way home to warm us up: Earl Grey tea for me, hot chocolate for Nattie, and milk for Jamie :) A fun day out!

Today's card is made using a simple flower stamp (can't quite remember who made it, but I'll check it out). I found this really pretty patterned paper by Chatterbox and thought it made a great match. The regular and scalloped squares were cut out using Nestabilities dies. Shimmer brads by Making Memories (these are one of my favorites recently!).

Have a great weekend, everyone!!

ETA: the stamp is by Memory Box (thanks Karrie and Cat!) :)

13 comments:

Lindsay Spencer March 28, 2008 at 11:06 AM  

Very pretty. I love the colors. Chatterbox paper is so nice, isn't it.

Unknown March 28, 2008 at 11:57 AM  

Love the card - Chatterbox is one of my favorites - at least it used to be!!!
Enjoy your weekend!

Jen Sue Wild March 28, 2008 at 12:41 PM  

Your cars Rock!! The are so fun and bring a smile tomy face:0)

Darcey March 28, 2008 at 1:06 PM  

Cute Card! Glad you like the stamp! Have a good weekend.

Karrie Baker March 28, 2008 at 1:19 PM  

wonderful paper! I believe that stamp is from Memory Box. YEAH for MB!!

Lynn March 28, 2008 at 2:47 PM  

So glad that you had a great time at the Zoo. Shoot it was a little cold to be out there for me. You are much better than I.

Just love the wonderful colors in your card. They are perfect and that stamp is adorable.

Hope you have a terrific weekend.

Benita March 28, 2008 at 3:08 PM  

Great card! Glad you had fun at the Zoo & hope you have a wonderful weekend as well :)

jillconyers March 28, 2008 at 3:55 PM  

We just went to the Columbus zoo on Sun. It was cold!

Great card!

Have a great weekend!

Cat March 28, 2008 at 6:29 PM  

definitely a Memory Box stamp. it's called "Flower Stand". i actually have that stamp, and the matching Posey Penguin. i've never seen it used with these kinds of colors, and it give the stamp a totally different look. i always use it with the penguin - silly me! TFS truly beautiful card.

Melissa Craig March 30, 2008 at 11:41 AM  

Oooohhh!! I miss the Denver Zoo. I was a member there and would take the kids all the time. Brendan particularly loved the rainforest exhibit.

Aimeslee Winans March 31, 2008 at 4:32 AM  

Love your CBX papers, I need to dig into some of mine. Awesome cards!

Lida March 31, 2008 at 9:15 AM  

Lovely card, very springy looking!

Sues March 31, 2008 at 9:23 PM  

Love it! It is one of my favorite papers - have used it before!