Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Tulips! And cabin fever!

I love this Tulips image from Hero Arts. I used it to make some ATCs for a swap over on Splitcoast Stampers. I entered in 4 spots: 2 Spring Flowers and 2 Valentines so I should be getting some great pieces of work back in a couple of weeks!

Yesterday I started work on some more cards using some TCP and MFT images, just to use up some scraps I have. Hopefully I'll have them finished to show you in the next couple of days.

We have snow forecast for this afternoon! I can't believe how much less snow we have received so far this winter compared to last year. We are even able to see little patches of grass in our yard right now, whereas last year we didn't see any grass from October '06 to April '08! :)

I'm starting to get cabin fever - I've been home for 2 weeks since my surgery, apart from a trip out for a doctor's appointment (where Iain drove). I told Iain last night I want to get out and drive myself, but he thinks I should wait until after my 2-week checkup tomorrow...I know he's right, but it's so tempting to grab my car keys and run out to the grocery store! Especially when he's gone today on a day-trip to St. Louis! Who would have thought something like driving to the grocery store would sound so exciting to me! Ha ha! Anyway, wish me luck for the appointment tomorrow and hopefully the doctor will release me for driving. I'll still be restricted with things like lifting, but being able to get out and about again will be just fine with me!! Have a great Wednesday :)

14 comments:

Susan January 30, 2008 at 8:47 AM  

Good luck with your appt tomorrow!

Melissa Craig January 30, 2008 at 9:02 AM  

Your ATC is adorable! I love how you matched the colors so well to your dp. You add color to shade around the image a lot - what color do you use to do that?

I hope your appt goes well!

Heather Bares January 30, 2008 at 9:58 AM  

cute card! good luck with your appointment!

Linda January 30, 2008 at 11:44 AM  

Cute ATC! Sorry about the cabin fever but you have one more day to go. Good luck tomorrow!

Karrie Baker January 30, 2008 at 12:36 PM  

This is super cute!!! Love those tulips!

Sorry about the Cabin Fever but it's only for another day or so. I am sure your DR will release you and you will be happy, happy!! :)

Darcey January 30, 2008 at 1:22 PM  

I can't believe it has been 2 weeks already, easy for me to say huh! Good luck tomorrow.

Sarah Coggins January 30, 2008 at 3:31 PM  

Very pretty card! The tulips have me thinking of spring. :) Hope your check-up goes well and you're given the keys back!

It's Not Easy Being Green January 30, 2008 at 4:05 PM  

Great card! Can you share your technique and what you use to color in your stamp images? I need a tutorial!

Lida January 30, 2008 at 7:19 PM  

I love your card, it is so pretty!!

Janet January 30, 2008 at 7:26 PM  

Love that card! Tulips are my favorites! Good luck with that appointment...hope you can drive soon. I'm sure it's very hard being cooped up!

Sues January 30, 2008 at 8:08 PM  

Good luck at the doctor!

Heather January 31, 2008 at 6:04 AM  

I love the tulips too. Very cute! I hope your doctor's visit goes well and you're given the OK to drive. I know it's frustrating to be stuck!

Unknown January 31, 2008 at 7:12 AM  

Toni - I'll bet you'll be driving home! I was able to drive after 2 weeks (when I got my staples out). You've been doing great so I'll bet you get the green light!!!

Linda Nicholson January 31, 2008 at 10:21 AM  

No driving for you until the doctor says that it is OK to do so! Pretty soon you'll be able to do everything that you want to do again!

Linda