Monday, January 21, 2008

Hello!!! Updating...and calling STACY!

Hi everyone - I'm back, posting today from the comfort of my couch. Thank you SO MUCH for all the well wishes, cards, flowers, and support. You all ROCK! I am so very lucky to know you all :)


The surgery went relatively well; I came home on Thursday night. Unfortunately I was accompanied by a catheter and a tank of oxygen, which was a little unexpected, but every day will get better and better. I'm seeing the urologist this afternoon and am hoping to be released from the "pee bag" (as Jamie calls it). Keep your fingers crossed! The oxygen will be staying for a few weeks until the pulmonologist can run some tests on my lung capacity, but I can handle that. For now, I'm just glad that the surgery is over and that I am home with my family. They are taking amazing care of me.

Stacy, the blog candy winner from 1/14 still hasn't emailed me, so Stacy if I don't hear from you by the end of Wednesday 1/23, I will do another drawing. I can't have these brand-new TCP stamps sitting here not being played with by a new owner! Have a great day everyone, and thanks again for checking up on me :)





17 comments:

Heather Bares January 21, 2008 at 10:36 AM  

glad to hear that you are doing well after your surgery.

Sarah Coggins January 21, 2008 at 11:00 AM  

Toni, glad to "see" you again! Hope you get good reports from your check-ups and can be back to normal very soon. BTW, love the card - too stinkin' cute. :)

Allison Rankin January 21, 2008 at 11:03 AM  

Love this...sorry to hear about the catheter!

Linda January 21, 2008 at 11:18 AM  

Glad to see you back and that you are doing well. I hope you are able to get rid of the catheter soon. And a very cute card!

Lida January 21, 2008 at 11:37 AM  

It´s great that you are home already, hope you feel great in no time, your card is simply adorable!!

Melissa Craig January 21, 2008 at 12:40 PM  

I am so glad you're back. I have a card to send to you, will you email me your address? (stampedbym@yahoo.com)

Anyway, I also wanted to tell you that I talked to Stacy and she said I could have the candy. LOL Just kidding!! I'm just wondering where a blog candy winner could be. Man, I'd be all over that!!! Congratulations MIA Stacy.

Oh yes - your card is amazing as usual!!

Noelia January 21, 2008 at 12:42 PM  

Glad that you're home and I wish you a speedy recovery. Love your latest card.

Teresa Loop January 21, 2008 at 1:13 PM  

awwww, glad your surgery is done with and over. I've left the hospital with a catheter too, what a redlief it is to be rid of that ball and chain!

jillconyers January 21, 2008 at 2:00 PM  

Hi Toni! Welcome back! Glad to hear all went well.

It's Not Easy Being Green January 21, 2008 at 3:46 PM  

So glad to hear all went well.

Linda Nicholson January 21, 2008 at 4:43 PM  

Glad to hear that your surgery went well and that you are taking it easy. I hope that you can get rid of the catheter soon!

Super cute card!

Linda

Darcey January 21, 2008 at 4:45 PM  

Welcome back!

Sues January 21, 2008 at 8:22 PM  

Welcome back to the "BLOG WORLD"!! I'm glad you are resting comfortably on the couch! Too bad it wasn't sipping Mai Tai's while the family waits on you!!! So glad to have you back!

Alyssa S January 22, 2008 at 8:01 AM  

Ha! My 'pee bag' was referred to as my 'purse' when I was in the hospital. That is a much nicer term I think! Cute card! :)

Janet January 22, 2008 at 12:47 PM  

Hope you're getting good reports from the dr. and will soon be back up to speed! :-)

Jill January 22, 2008 at 2:38 PM  

Glad you're doing well and very cute card!!!!!!!

Sharon in NE January 22, 2008 at 8:01 PM  

Love that card! Glad I bought the poochie love stamps.