Monday, December 03, 2007

Christmas questions!


Some fun Christmas questions that I saw recently on Sophia's blog:

Colored lights or white lights on your house or not at all? This year they're white!
Hot chocolate or Egg Nog? Definitely hot chocolate.
What's your favorite holiday dish? Chocolate! :)
Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa wraps them all and doesn't bring them until everyone is asleep on Christmas Eve.
Do you hang mistletoe? No.
When do you put up your decorations? The weekend following Thanksgiving.
What's your favorite holiday tradition? Wearing our jammies all day, enjoying our time together, and pulling Christmas crackers at the dinner table!
What's on the top of your tree? A silver and white tree topper.
Do you have a nativity displayed through the holidays? No.
Candy Canes, traditional or flavored? Or Chocolate Covered Cherries? Just chocolate!
What's your favorite holiday goodie to make and share? This year I discovered Williams & Sonoma Peppermint Bark and will be sharing that with several people :) And of course - handmade cards!
What's your favorite Christmas song? "Step Into Christmas" - Elton John
When did you learn the truth about the "magic" of Christmas? Around 10 years old, I think.
Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No. Nothing till Christmas morning!
Is there a special ornament or Christmas decoration that you wouldn't feel like Christmas without? All the ones the kids have made through the years, and the special Hallmark ones they have chosen each year.
Do you take neighbor gifts/treats to anyone, everyone, a select few? Probably half a dozen this year.
Is your big meal on Christmas Eve, Christmas morning or Christmas afternoon? Christmas afternoon (when we lived back in Scotland, dinner would always happen right after the Queen's speech on TV).
How do you decorate your tree? With the kids' help :)
Snow? Love it? Dread it? Tolerate it? Love it here in CO after years of no winter weather at all!
Do you remember a favorite gift? My favorite was always a brand new set of markers!
Do you have a family get-together during the holidays with extended family? No, we're the only ones in the U.S. - everyone else is in Scotland or England.
What's the most important thing that you must do each Christmas season? Not stress out! :)
Do you bake Christmas cookies? I wish I could - but I can't - so I don't.
Do you leave cookies and milk for Santa? Absolutely! Usually Pepperidge Farm cookies and some egg nog. Those are Santa's favorites :)
Share a favorite Christmas memory. Not necessarily a favorite, but a strong memory is waking up to the smell of turkey cooking! Yep! At my grandma's house she used to get up at 5am to put the turkey in...and it would cook all the way to mid-afternoon. For years I thought it really did take that long to roast a bird! LOL!

6 comments:

Colleen December 3, 2007 at 9:57 AM  

Totally love this! I think I might have to lift this! It would be a great layout too!

April December 3, 2007 at 1:25 PM  

Loved reading your answers. I think it is neat to see how others celebrate Christmas:)

Melissa Craig December 3, 2007 at 1:45 PM  

I love this! I'm going to put it on my blog tonight. Thanks so much for sharing these facts about your Christmas traditions.

Noelia December 3, 2007 at 2:50 PM  

How fun! I will definitely try it!

Shirley Fyfe December 4, 2007 at 12:57 PM  

What a great list of questions - I'm going to nab this one too. I just loved reading your answers!

Shirley
http://shirleyfyfe.typepad.com

Anonymous December 4, 2007 at 1:10 PM  

Fun reading! I LOVE that peppermint bark from WS too - favorite holiday treat! :)

http://craftycafe.wordpress.com/