Thursday, October 04, 2007

Where is Fall???

It's right here!! LOL! There was a thread going on Two Peas this morning with people wondering where Fall is....so I let them know it's right here in Conifer! This is our first Fall here, and the aspen are so bright! One of the best scenes is when I'm driving down the hill and the patches of aspen are dotted among all the evergreen trees; it is just soooooo beautiful! I don't think I'll ever get used to it; it's just breathtaking!!

Last night was the finale of Top Chef; for a while Iain and I thought that Dale might have squeaked through and won, but no such luck! Bummer!

I'm heading to the kids' school for the rest of the afternoon; I help out with reading groups in Nattie's class on Thursdays. It's a lot of fun watching the kids interacting. Have a great evening! Back tomorrow with a card :)

4 comments:

Unknown October 4, 2007 at 6:38 PM  

Heh, even though Hung was the cocky one on TC, I did think he had better technical skills overall. He just needs to learn to be a bit humbler. ;)

Sues October 4, 2007 at 9:09 PM  

Don't you just love how bright the aspens are? When you hike through a grove of them, it's like someone turned the lights on BRIGHT!!!

Sad Hung won, but he did have the best skills, just not the personality most people liked. Bummer.

Go Rockies though!!

Melissa Craig October 5, 2007 at 4:32 AM  

Mmmmm! That is the one thing I really miss... seeing the Aspens change. Lovely sight!!

But the colors here in WV are pretty amazing, too. I just think that everywhere you look there is much beauty God offers us!

I can't comment on the Top Chef thing - I'm assuming that's TV show, I don't watch TV, so I have no idea what's on these days.

Thanks for sharing the lovely photo.

Maureen October 5, 2007 at 9:09 AM  

Aw, beautiful! My favorite time is fall too... so sad it doesn't last too long up here. Soon winter will be blowing in, taking the leaves away and laying down snow.

But until then, I can enjoy these crisp days and beautiful scenery!