Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Cool Yule!! And a cool fire truck! And a blog tag :)



Ah, I just LOVE the Winter line from The Cat's Pajamas - the images are so versatile! And the quality is outstanding :) This little penguin (from the Polar Holiday set) seems to be very popular! How can anyone resist? :) The patterned paper on the left side of the card is by American Crafts - it's their "Play" collection.


I'm finishing up a Juvenile Justice class at school, and will get a break for the second half of October! Yeah! This one has had lots of assignments so it is a welcome break.


I was helping out in Jamie's class this morning. It's Fire Prevention Week and some firefighters came from the Evergreen Fire/Rescue Department to talk to the kids. They got to check out the firefighter's uniform, and got to hear him breathing using his oxygen tank. Next we went outside and the class all took turns sitting inside the fire truck (which looked really cool!), and for the big finale they all got a turn with the hose! The looks on the kids' faces were priceless! The EFD made a serious topic lots of fun for these little kids - and that's the best way for them to learn :)

And...I've been tagged by Sabrina!! Here goes :)
Four jobs I've had in my life: grocery store clerk, temp admin assistant, HR Administrator, DT member :)
Four movies I would watch over and over: Ocean's anything, The Thomas Crown Affair, Grease, Pulp Fiction
Four places I have lived: Edinburgh, Scotland; San Diego, CA; Boston, MA; Orlando, FL
Four TV shows I love to watch: Amazing Race, Survivor, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Dancing with the Stars :)
Four places I have been on vacation: Paris, France; Lake Wolfgang, Austria; Trier, Germany; Maui, HI
Four websites I visit often: Two Peas in a Bucket, A Million Little Things, The Weather Channel, MSN
Four of my favorite foods: Steak & Onion crisps (potato chips) - it's a British delicacy!; roast chicken; chicken tikka masala; a good cheeseburger!
Four places I would rather be now: in South America with Iain; Barnes & Noble; a spa; at my graduation ceremony!
Four friends I think will respond: Sue, Alma, Lynn, and Heather. Come on, ladies, let's see your answers!

4 comments:

Rachael October 9, 2007 at 6:30 PM  

What a darling card!!!

Lots of fun stuff going on in the schools this week for fire prevention!

renee October 9, 2007 at 6:38 PM  

Such cute stamps. Love the card.

EquineSpirit October 10, 2007 at 8:59 AM  

GREAT list! The chips sound delicious. Every so often Walmart will get in a bunch of steak and worchestire chips and OMGosh...they are DELICIOUS!! :D

Melissa Craig October 11, 2007 at 4:27 AM  

Great card! I love the paper.

It's fire prevention week here, too. My daughter had to draw the layout of the house and mark all exits.