Thursday, September 20, 2007

Have you seen this cat?

One of our cats, Pickle, has been missing since Tuesday night. He is...how can I put it...an adventurous cat, and even though we are super-careful about keeping doors closed, he somehow squeezed through a crack in the door and got out. Instead of heading for his usual spot under the deck he must have gone off somewhere else and so now he's had 2 nights outside with temps in the 30s/40s. We still have mountain lions and bears out and about at this time of year, and we haven't heard him yowling stuck up a tree or anything like that, so right now it doesn't look good.

Today I'll be calling all the shelters and putting up posters; we've called the neighbors so they know who to call if they find him. What's sad is that last week he managed to get his collar and tags off, so he doesn't even have those on right now. Please keep him in your thoughts!

12 comments:

Anonymous September 20, 2007 at 12:40 PM  

I will keep positive thoughts for your, your family & sweet little Pickle!!

Unknown September 20, 2007 at 1:20 PM  

oh no, hope he finds his way home. DAna

Lynn September 20, 2007 at 3:42 PM  

I can honestly say that I have not seen him. I hope you find him soon and he is well. Isn't it amazing how our pets can wrangle out of their collars at the worse time! Mine did that about 2 weeks ago, the only lucky thing is that the entire neighborhood knows her and now they just bring her back and open the front door to let her in. She is a character that is for sure. I hope Pickles gets home soon and safely.

Alyssa September 20, 2007 at 4:43 PM  

Your cat looks like our cat Toonces from when I was in HS...at any rate, our current cat was missing last November for 5 days. I thought she may have been gone forever (there are coyotes in the canyon by our house), but one night she came back. Boy would I love to know where she went!
I hope your kitty come back soon!

Kim September 20, 2007 at 6:28 PM  

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!! Please keep me posted Toni! I hope Pickles comes home soon!

Sues September 20, 2007 at 7:19 PM  

Don't give up yet - I have good feelings that she will be returning sonn! {{{{{hugs}}}}} to you and Nattie.

Heather September 21, 2007 at 8:14 AM  

Oh no! I hope he finds his way home soon. Maybe one of the neighbors has taken him in thinking he's a stray? Please keep us updated!

Alma de la Rosa September 21, 2007 at 11:00 AM  

I'll think good thoughts for Pickles!

Jill September 21, 2007 at 1:10 PM  

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!! I hope he turns up soon! :-(

It's Not Easy Being Green September 21, 2007 at 5:30 PM  

So sorry. Hope you find him soon.

Linda Nicholson September 22, 2007 at 10:46 AM  

I'll be keeping you and your cat in my thoughts and prayers. When I first moved into my house 10 years ago, my youngest cat got outside because my husband accidently left the screen door open(he was an indoor/outdoor cat and was used to being outside, I just was slowly letting him get used to the neighborhood). I looked and looked and looked to no avail. Fourteen days later, I received a phone call from my mother telling me that I wouldn't believe who was in her garden sleeping under the rhubarb plant. My cat found his way home (I lived with my mother prior to purchasing my first home). I hope you find him or that he makes his way home soon.

Linda

Viv September 22, 2007 at 3:47 PM  

I will pray little Pickles comes home soon! I can't imagine any of mine coming up missing - I would be a basket case for sure!