Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Back to kindergarten!


Today was my first day helping out in Jamie's kindergarten class. He rode the bus as usual and then I went down at about 9.15am. OMG, the kids were so little and cute! They all said their Pledge of Allegiance, went over what day it is, etc., and then they split into groups and did rotations around the classroom. My little station was an activity for them based on the book "Ten Apples Up On Top", so the kids had to draw themselves, then color and cut out ten apples and paste the apples on their heads. They all did an awesome job! Next we went out for recess and it was great to watch Jamie interacting with all his classmates; he seemed totally at ease. After recess they had a story and worked on their journals, and then all of a sudden it was time for me to go! The morning flew by! It was a busy, busy classroom!
Today's card is made with the Halloween set of stamps from My Favorite Things. It's pretty simple, but I like the effect of the witch popping off the front :) Thanks for stopping by!!


8 comments:

mum-on-the-run September 18, 2007 at 3:05 PM  

This is great!! Haven't seen this MFT set before. will have to look out for it!

Lynn September 18, 2007 at 3:58 PM  

Sounds like some exciting fun at school today. I do miss those days. Now they don't want you anywhere near the school, lol. Love your wonderful Halloween card. What a cute stamp.

Monica-FC September 18, 2007 at 4:46 PM  

Now I love this stamp set. Oh man, every time I keep seeing this set, I just might have to get it one day. lol. it is just too cute.

Rachael September 18, 2007 at 6:15 PM  

sounds like a wonderful day at school!!!

The card is great!! love it!

Anonymous September 18, 2007 at 8:44 PM  

Cute card!! I have this set waiting patiently for me on my desk but have yet to touch it. You have inspired me to go pick it up!! LOL

Sues September 18, 2007 at 9:55 PM  

You're lucky to be able to spend time with Jaime - as you know they grow up fast!! Enjoy school!!

Jill September 21, 2007 at 1:13 PM  

Sounds like a great day in kindergarten! It's amazing how it flies by, isn't it? LOVE the card!!!!!!!!!!

Rebecca September 27, 2007 at 3:07 PM  

Great coloring to capture the spooky nighttime feeling.