Thursday, November 20, 2008

Snowman Hershey Bars


I saw these snowmen candy bars (great job, Monica!) on Two Peas in a Bucket last month, and decided to adapt the idea for the school fundraiser tonight :) Instead of printing the snowman's face, I just drew the mouth, used google eyes and cut the carrot out from an orange scrap of paper.
I am very proud of these! I think they turned out really well!
And talking of winter themes, Jamie and I got to stay home from school today - the ice up here on our mountain was too dangerous to drive on, so when I called the school (from the car after gliding along my "glass" driveway), I found out that they were telling those of us who live up at the higher elevation that we should stay home and be safe.
The two of us came back inside, watched a couple of episodes of SpongeBob, got some laundry going, did some craft projects upstairs, and now we're about to do some reading. A nice cozy afternoon! As far as I know, the fundraiser is still going ahead tonight, though :)

7 comments:

Stephanie Sullins November 20, 2008 at 2:45 PM  

That is adorable!!! :)

Unknown November 20, 2008 at 3:27 PM  

this is too cute. sounds like you & jamie had a wonderful afternoon. have fun tonite!

Sarah Coggins November 20, 2008 at 3:38 PM  

Those are too cute! Glad you & Jamie had a safe, warm day. :)

Anonymous November 20, 2008 at 8:02 PM  

these are so cute!!! I can't wait to try them, i even have that same snowflake embelli!!!!

Heather November 21, 2008 at 5:31 AM  

How cute is that??? By the way, I tagged you on my blog. :)

Janet November 21, 2008 at 4:24 PM  

Okay, that is just adorable! What a great idea for a school fundraiser! I'm sure they'll be a hit!

Sues November 21, 2008 at 9:36 PM  

This is really really cute! Glad you stayed home safe and sound!!!