Thursday, May 24, 2007

A visitor in the night...


Yikes! It looks like we had a visit from a bear last night... Nattie went out to wait for the school bus this morning and found these footprints crossing the driveway (yep, that's snow, at the end of May!). She came running back in and of course I ran out with my camera (after checking for bears!). First we thought it was a mountain lion, but the back feet are just too big. I checked a few internet sites to compare mountain lion and bear tracks, and they definitely resemble bears more. I wish I could have seen it :)
Today's blog challenge on Two Peas is to use one word to describe your knowledge of the internet. I think mine would be advanced. I can navigate my way around, particularly if I'm shopping or looking for a certain piece of information, and find what I need very quickly. Great question!
The snow is melting, thank goodness, but I am glad that we were able to see the tracks of our nighttime visitor as a result :)

4 comments:

Anonymous May 24, 2007 at 1:40 PM  

ok that would be so super cool finding the bear tracks... altho scary at the same time.

Are you sure it wasn't the Yeti?? *LOL*

Can't believe you are still getting snow - we are sweltering here today .. 90 and still climbing!

Heather May 24, 2007 at 4:10 PM  

OMGosh! I don't think I'd be waiting for the bus outside ever again! My in-laws live in the mountains in MT and my FIL tries to attract the bears! AND they also had snow this week. 7"! So glad that doesn't happen in MN in the middle of May.

Anonymous May 24, 2007 at 8:00 PM  

ewwwww i do not envy you with that snow!! YUCK!!!

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) May 29, 2007 at 10:45 AM  

Yikes....how scary. Glad the bear didnt' stick around & hope he/she doesn't return. Good pictures tho.